get someone to hold the dog with a mussel get the tail at hit it with a hot piece of metssl this will coderise it and stop the bleending after doing it keep it clean it willl be alright in a couple of wekks as i done it before what did people do yearsago when ther ewas no vets ??

I dont think thats a good idea for a complete novice

that has got to be the worst bit of advice ive heard on here CONGRATULATIONS :clapper:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Agree with you there Jim.. :doh: ...Can't believe some of the crap that gets posted on these hunting sites!....The tail is the dogs spine, feck it up and it gets an infection,....bad news. Like it's been said, tails are difficult to deal with even for a vet.

my bitch had split hers open and we thought we could deal with it ourselves, but after getting re-whacked (she's a happy dog) a few times, bleeding just as bad and obviously sore, it was obvious it was not going to heal itself. They sliced on 2 sides, peeled it like a banana, took I think 4 joints out, trimmed it up and stitched her up. I am convinced that one thing that helped her was the shorter tail could not build up as much velocity, so even now when she whacks something hard, it isn't hitting as fast and hard as before. She has not had any problems since then.

Have you taken the poor dog to the vet yet?

Don't bank on it, :no: did you see the thread where the OP was concerned that her dog had bloat???

To be honest any thread she starts ends in a slanging match regarding the care of the animal in question , i cant believe that the tail was '' alegedly'' bleeding for a week & she didnt seek veterinary advice, to be honest i think most of its made up half the time

so far its been dog eating crackers & suspects bloat

ferret with no water or food

now this lot with the tail

i know all folks are different & have different levels of understanding and i would help anyone who i thought was genuinly just needing gentle guidence especially if it were ferret related but she does not come across as needing this for very basic things like feeding watering of animals , i suspect all this is tripe as i really think if there was something going on with a dog as serious as '' suspected'' bloat she would have got it sorted it

Whats that condition called when your constantly wanting illnesses etc called ?

Guest joe ox

Some of the stupid advice people are posting on here is unbelievable :doh: ffs!!!!!

The advice deputy dog has given is good advice and does work but not everytime! 20ml syringe or bigger with the end took off is about the right size.

The vets will operate and take at least 3 inchs off the end and charge you a fortune!!!!

Another option is to put a castration band the type what is used to castrate or dock lambs/sheeps tails about an inch or two up from the end of the tail between a joint, in its own time the end of the tail will die then drop off fully healed!

post-8201-1239097743.gif

Edited by joe ox
Guest joe ox

Millet most vets are thieving robbing barstards :realmad: Some of them would go right ahead and amputate 6 inchs from a tail because of this small problem which can be fixed easy enough. The operation and after care they insist on giving would cost as much as £300 probably more :censored: Why not ask for advice on here 1st?

Edited by joe ox
Guest joe ox
I agree mate 100% ask advice if you are unsure.. ;) ..but personaly if i am unsure i cut the middle man out and seek expert advice.. i have a good vet who know's his job so im lucky..but even so whatever the problem money is not a issue where my mut's are concerned..

Cheer's

Millet

:good: What vet do you use?

Edited by joe ox

Don't bank on it, :no: did you see the thread where the OP was concerned that her dog had bloat???

To be honest any thread she starts ends in a slanging match regarding the care of the animal in question , i cant believe that the tail was '' alegedly'' bleeding for a week & she didnt seek veterinary advice, to be honest i think most of its made up half the time

i know all folks are different & have different levels of understanding and i would help anyone who i thought was genuinly just needing gentle guidence especially if it were ferret related but she does not come across as needing this for very basic things like feeding watering of animals , i suspect all this is tripe as i really think if there was something going on with a dog as serious as '' suspected'' bloat she would have got it sorted it

Münchausen by proxy (i think) :D and i think you're not far wrong kay!

Münchausen by proxy (i think) :D and i think you're not far wrong kay!

Well i await the flack later i will no doubt get but it needed saying , i would like to think i am wrong but theres only so many times people can cry wolf & get the desired reaction, it eventually catches up with them

Guest joe ox

Kay I think your just jealous of her youth :laugh:

Just joking :tongue2:

Edited by joe ox