you can get a sak mod from anywere you like mate....they will post it without it going on ticket as long as its for your 12ftp air rifle............ :victory::whistling:

it can only be done at a shop now no matter if its for fac or 12ftlb air rifles.

the only way you could get one for air rifle use ;) is a deal with a private seller ;)

anyone want to sell a sak mod then for my air rifle :D

be carful, if a get a mod for a .22lr the mod itself is classed as a firearm...."In this Act, the expression “firearm†means a lethal barrelled weapon of any description from which any shot, bullet or other missile can be discharged and includes

—© any accessory to any such weapon designed or adapted to diminish the noise or flash caused by firing the weapon;"

(firearms act 1968)

so if you caught with a proofed mod, you could be done for possosion of a sc1 firearm without a certficate, then say goodbye to your FAC and good luck to ever getting it back!

be carful, if a get a mod for a .22lr the mod itself is classed as a firearm...."In this Act, the expression “firearm†means a lethal barrelled weapon of any description from which any shot, bullet or other missile can be discharged and includes

—© any accessory to any such weapon designed or adapted to diminish the noise or flash caused by firing the weapon;"

(firearms act 1968)

so if you caught with a proofed mod, you could be done for possosion of a sc1 firearm without a certficate, then say goodbye to your FAC and good luck to ever getting it back!

you wouldnt get done for having a proofed mod. you will only get done if you using a mod on a fac rifle if you havent got

it on you ticket and your out shooting with it. i no someone that got a proof mod from the shop for his air rifle.

the shop couldnt stop you buying a proofed mod if you wanted one for standard air rifle but the would look at you funny because they would think why would you need that for standard power air. they would think you wanted it for fac rifles

then would be done themself for selling to you as they wold have to put it on your ticket but you would have to have the slot. its a bit silly really. most people have unbranded mods on there ticket so could swap if you wanted to.

i think its stupid i think as long as you have permission to have a mod whats the difference if you tryed 2 or 10 different ones ?

Edited by jamie g

(firearms act 1968)

you wouldnt get done for having a proofed mod. you will only get done if you using a mod on a fac rifle if you havent got

it on you ticket and your out shooting with it. i no someone that got a proof mod from the shop for his air rifle.

the shop couldnt stop you buying a proofed mod if you wanted one for standard air rifle but the would look at you funny because they would think why would you need that for standard power air. they would think you wanted it for fac rifles

then would be done themself for selling to you as they wold have to put it on your ticket but you would have to have the slot. its a bit silly really. most people have unbranded mods on there ticket so could swap if you wanted to.

i think its stupid i think as long as you have permission to have a mod whats the difference if you tryed 2 or 10 different ones ?

The moderator situation does seem more than daft, and to add even more to the stupidity, the moderator only becomes a firearm when attached to the firearm, take it off and it is NOT a firearm. Hence why you can legally sell/buy one if it's going on something which is not on FAC. But as with all firearms, once it's on your FAC, it is a firearm!

Confused? :hmm::hmm:

To get back to the original question, almost every RFD, and a few sports shops as well, will sell you a SAK without needing to see a FAC!

:thumbs:

(firearms act 1968)

yer the whole is stupid, but from reading the firearms act 1968 it does actually defines a firearm and is states that it "any accessory to any such weapon designed or adapted to diminish the noise or flash caused by firing the weapon;"

from reading, it doesnt say that the mod has to be attached to the rifle, but seems include the mod as a firearm by itself because of the words 'and includes' after the defination of a firearm......but yes in practice not much of problem getting one from a shop without a ticket

(firearms act 1968)

yer the whole is stupid, but from reading the firearms act 1968 it does actually defines a firearm and is states that it "any accessory to any such weapon designed or adapted to diminish the noise or flash caused by firing the weapon;"

from reading, it doesnt say that the mod has to be attached to the rifle, but seems include the mod as a firearm by itself because of the words 'and includes' after the defination of a firearm......but yes in practice not much of problem getting one from a shop without a ticket

i see what your saying mate. but if a mod is on your ticket then weather its on the rifle or not it is classed as a firearm so must be locked away in your cabinet or ammo safe. if it isnt on ticket ie'' say its on a standard power air rifle then you could leave it out on the side if you wanted. :laugh: not that a fac mod is more a danger on its own then a none fac mod :laugh::laugh::laugh:

(firearms act 1968)

The moderator situation does seem more than daft, and to add even more to the stupidity, the moderator only becomes a firearm when attached to the firearm, take it off and it is NOT a firearm. Hence why you can legally sell/buy one if it's going on something which is not on FAC. But as with all firearms, once it's on your FAC, it is a firearm!

Confused? :hmm::hmm:

To get back to the original question, almost every RFD, and a few sports shops as well, will sell you a SAK without needing to see a FAC!

:thumbs:

they will your right deker but wont post it anymore :(