Remington files for bankrupcy.

Poor job from The Independent. They focused the article on the aftermath of the Parkland shooting and only paid lip service to the fact that Cerberus Capital Management saddled them with a billion in debt since they took over in 2007. The Florida shooting took place two days after they announced they were planning to file.

• Like 3

Could they be filing to protect themselves from creditors claims, which could bring about actual bankruptcy ? It's a common accounting practice in big business.

The Donald has been bankrupt a couple of times, I believe.............

2 hours ago, Blackbriar said:

Could they be filing to protect themselves from creditors claims, which could bring about actual bankruptcy ? It's a common accounting practice in big business.

Further reading into it and looks like it's a debt restructuring move. Cerberus Capital Management will relinquish control of the brand but it doesn't look like Remington is going away anytime soon. They do have lawsuits pending and this will delay but not remove as is my understanding.

2 hours ago, Blackbriar said:

The Donald has been bankrupt a couple of times, I believe...

Six.