Pickup Load Of Hogs

• 2 weeks later...

Nice going wolfdog.

They are not something we have up here in the north of the uk.

I do a lot of motorway miles and I saw my first few the other day. 45 miles north of Bristol on the M5. I mistook the first one for a dog until I got side on to it..!!

Anyone lucky enough to shoot them regularly and would offer me the opportunity to come along? Please give me a shout :thumbs:

What gauge mesh are them cages you use wolfdog? I bet they have to withstand some abuse.

• 3 weeks later...

hay everyone ! sorry of the not answering lol ! been messing with turtles cage traps and everything elese under the sun ! any how all these ere real small hogs so we just skinned them and froze em whole, these are BBQ size so when it starts getting around 90 degrees it they should be in the smoke pit ! as for the traps . boy o boy the ones my neighor uses are just big box traps, most are made from 9 ga cattle pannel which i mean works but its pretty crappy all around. alot of the feed stors ,gun shops, heck even walmart sells em for like $250-400. really there sub par to say the least for actual control work. if you want to actually take hogs like a proffesional you either need a coral set up like the guys from Jager Pro use or snares.

the Jeager Pro Guys are proffesionals to say the least ! there MINE system is basicall a huge remote control double door coral with a feeder in the middle . I think most of them are Ex military to so they take a very serious approach. The trap has cameras in it and you can close it via your cell phone.

Other way is snaring. I know a trapper in Louisiana who snares hogs daily. and I mean the big 2-400 lbs boys ! I keep trying on my property but can never have them out long enough. usually I something break down or something come up and I can keep a 24 hr check going.

• Like 1

Nice going wolfdog.

I do a lot of motorway miles and I saw my first few the other day. 45 miles north of Bristol on the M5. I mistook the first one for a dog until I got side on to it..!!

Anyone lucky enough to shoot them regularly and would offer me the opportunity to come along? Please give me a shout :thumbs:

What gauge mesh are them cages you use wolfdog? I bet they have to withstand some abuse.

man ill tell ya its finicky trying to get hunting for these things. see its messed up becase they cause billions in damage but they learn pretty quick weres safe and wheres not. the safe places are often being properties where the land owners would rater you pay for a hunt then let you eradicate a pest . the a lot of guys got and stock there properties with them for that exact reason ! then they come out at night and root up the farmer field down the road. now don't get me wrong theres plenty of out fits theat will let you do every thing for dog and knife to helicopter and machine guns....... seriously look up Heli hunter. guys straight up murder them suckers ! little bird helicopter and Saige 12ga auto loaded with 20rd of buck shot.

Nice going wolfdog.

Apparently, there's good numbers of wild boar down this way, in the forest of Dean.

A couple of months ago I read that their numbers had increased to the point where they were becoming a nuisance.

Maybe you could get involved in that mate :thumbs:

Good luck.