Birthday Treat

I think you will enjoy the 99 Richard, personally I would not even bother firing it (assuming its brand new) I would strip it, and totally de grease it internally, remove all the swarf and VERY carefully check the piston seal, the last two new ones I stripped were very poor inside, lots of factory turnings and some embedded in the piston seal, a new vortek seal sorted the job, a tip mate......... make sure you de burr the edges of the little square holes when you have removed the metal blocks that hold the internals secure, before refitting the piston into the cylinder, as they can very easily tear the seal, good luck mate, looking forward to seeing your tune, one last thing, I hope its a .22 you have bought, as trying to get the power up on a .177 is a ball ache to say the least, although a Vortek seal does help a lot.

• Like 1

Thankyou sir, I am glad you enjoy the TX now, they are a pleasure to work on, if I got enough interest I would consider tuning selected spring rifles on a part time basis, not particularly for the money, mainly so people got a genuine tune, and their spring rifle was pretty much as good as its going to get.

• Like 4

I think you will enjoy the 99 Richard, personally I would not even bother firing it (assuming its brand new) I would strip it, and totally de grease it internally, remove all the swarf and VERY carefully check the piston seal, the last two new ones I stripped were very poor inside, lots of factory turnings and some embedded in the piston seal, a new vortek seal sorted the job, a tip mate......... make sure you de burr the edges of the little square holes when you have removed the metal blocks that hold the internals secure, before refitting the piston into the cylinder, as they can very easily tear the seal, good luck mate, looking forward to seeing your tune, one last thing, I hope its a .22 you have bought, as trying to get the power up on a .177 is a ball ache to say the least, although a Vortek seal does help a lot.

Oh shit...looks like this tune is going to be a ball ache.lol I've gone for .177, the good news is I have you guys available to help me when I stumble across a problem. I've heard good things and bad regarding this rifle so I have tried to keep an open mind knowing I'm going to take the thing apart and have a little play. I wanted a little rifle that didn't cost too much, something I can play about with and once I'm able to obtain a permission this will be geared up for my hunting rifle.

I saw some YouTube videos from Rez when he borrowed an imp and took that to the field, big thumbs up for that video as it helped me justify a new rifle. Can't see me ever wanting to take my HW77 on the field unless I had an old battered stock.

Cheers for the advise Charlie, looking forward to your input and advise when I get her and start tweeting the internals

ATB

Richard

• Like 1

Oh shit...looks like this tune is going to be a ball ache.lol I've gone for .177, the good news is I have you guys available to help me when I stumble across a problem. I've heard good things and bad regarding this rifle so I have tried to keep an open mind knowing I'm going to take the thing apart and have a little play. I wanted a little rifle that didn't cost too much, something I can play about with and once I'm able to obtain a permission this will be geared up for my hunting rifle.

I saw some YouTube videos from Rez when he borrowed an imp and took that to the field, big thumbs up for that video as it helped me justify a new rifle. Can't see me ever wanting to take my HW77 on the field unless I had an old battered stock.

Cheers for the advise Charlie, looking forward to your input and advise when I get her and start tweeting the internals

ATB

Richard

You will not get a better rifle for shooting out in the field

at the end of the day its a tool and thats what its made for if the stock is a nice one just take care of it when out .

i know thats easy for me to say as i can put them right if i do knock or bang it off some thing lol

get it out there and enjoy her

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

Get a Vortek piston seal ordered straight away if the kit you have bought does not include a seal, it makes a BIG difference, you have to resize it yourself, but its an easy job, keep us posted pal.

the WW kit only has spring,guide,top hat and washers....where's a good site to order the vortex piston seal?

ATB

Richard

You will not get a better rifle for shooting out in the field

at the end of the day its a tool and thats what its made for if the stock is a nice one just take care of it when out .

i know thats easy for me to say as i can put them right if i do knock or bang it off some thing lol

get it out there and enjoy her

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

When it comes to stocks are you the main man to get advise from then jimmy?...this 99s is going to be my project gun and the stock is something I wanted to work on as well, have thought about pyography, or engraving (have an old BSA century stock what I want to practice on first) the beech stock is a little bland, and if you have any ideas regarding the stock and making it better mate please let me know...after seeing the effects of camo green spray paint I can conclude I will not be copying that look haha but all other ideas welcome