We have a shoot that we walk and stand on a Sat and rough shoot walk about on the alternate Sat.

Last Sat was our rough day but we had a lot of feeders to top up first so we only had the afternoon to walk about 6 lads split up into two teams .My team two guns with spaniels and one with no dog..We started by hunting a gorse filled gully . The dogs flushed a cock bird and stopped to the flush and the bird was missed :whistling: so set the dogs of again and they bumped a cock bird forward and a hare broke out over the bank both in the bag good retrieve by my pals spaniel . set off again and I managed to drop a bird but it landed just on the other side of a wire fence so sent my young spaniel out for it, he got thru the fence messed about with the retrieve so I had to lift the wire and encourage the dog to bring it to hand that's me not happy :cray: anyway moved onto the moor of white grasses and reeds a fallen tree with no cover around it just a bare trunk and a few bare branches produced two birds and a hare the hare was left to run off cos no one wanted to carry another hare :laugh: one bird downed a runner so walked my dog to the area and let him hunt for it he came up with a nice find :victory: .Another bird was flushed and was shot but still flew on so I shot it before it flew over our boundary my dog marked it down but I collected it myself just to enforce a bit of steadiness into the dog . As we had other dogs to run we ended this walk with 5 pheasants and a hare .Back at the farm yard the other team had finished for the day and set of home they had 1 pheasant and 2 redlegs . we took to fresh dogs out for a little bit more work I had a very good bunny flush shot and retrieve with my old dog :boogy: .Then right at the last piece of rough my spaniel flush a hen bird as it flew towards my pal it was a better shot for him to take and he got it with his second shot . Then the bl**dy dog ran in and picked it up :censored: I will have to keep an eye on the little sod and catch her in the act the next time :hmm: .A well still had a good couple of hours walk about.

8 pheasants 2 partridge 1 hare 1 rabbit.

ps took some pics to add to post but deleted them instead :icon_redface:

• Like 4

• 2 months later...