Another 5 For The Pup

decided to venture out again after a good night out with the pup lastnight, this time i took buster out for a couple of runs aswell i went to 3 spots and only seen a handfull of super shy rabbits so didnt really get a run. on my way back i just happened to look at a field ive been keeping a eye on that has recently been seeded and has just started to chit.

as luck would have it there was a couple of rabbits sat out nice and quiet so buster had the first one and the pup had the second. the pup had a couple more slips in that field but didnt do any good. with that i decided to just walk a couple of adjoining fields and run the dogs in turns. by the time i was back to the motor the pup had managed 5 and buster 4 which i was more than happy with as the night was looking like it was going to be a failiure.

pups retrieve was spot on all back live to hand tonight. its hard going with a second dog but i just tie buster to the game carrier and tell him to stay which he does whilst i stand about 20 yards from him so the pup can come in with his rabbit without being put of by another dog being with me. i stand between buster and the pup so as buster is behind me and the pup can come straight in.

• Like 3

That pup out doing buster already? He out done meg last time we was out!

Have to put a stop to that!

the difference is i am running any old rabbit with buster mate. its fine selecting for the pup hes having the easyiest rabbits i can find him and i try and put everything in his favour. it would have been a better score if i had just run buster but the pup needs to gain experience.

• Like 1