17 replies to this topic

#1 terryd

terryd

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,181 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 08:49 pm

My eldist daughter found a rabbit recipe in a cook book of hers and requested a bunny. So thanks to sir crash a lot being on sick leave for the next ten years it was time to get the nets out. He was far from impressed
30305950450_0e9d7f9472_c.jpg

I had a drop in mind but the wind was wrong and its more of a late drop. But not to be put off away we went.
After hopping over a couple of gates the next obstacle was a track with an electric fence either side. I was swinging the net infront to try to find the wire when I near got it right in the mouth. Some one had pulled it really tight and because there was a dip it was really high so I just walked under it lol. Started running the net out and despite being a bit rusty it went well. Ran a 50 then another 20 yards just to cover enough ground to hopefully get one. Started walking out and around the far side of the field singing as I went which would be enough to get most things moving.
Got back to the net and mission was accomplished a nice prime tender rabbit in the bag.

29972116963_ef4d897191_c.jpg

the wind was not ideal 

29972108453_a56c00e18d_c.jpg

30488901422_b4cf33eb12_c.jpg

• netrigger, rick12345, Tiercel and 9 others like this

#2 Tiercel

Tiercel

Extreme Hunter

• 7,450 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 08:54 pm

My eldist daughter found a rabbit recipe in a cook book of hers and requested a bunny. So thanks to sir crash a lot being on sick leave for the next ten years it was time to get the nets out. He was far from impressed

I had a drop in mind but the wind was wrong and its more of a late drop. But not to be put off away we went.
After hopping over a couple of gates the next obstacle was a track with an electric fence either side. I was swinging the net infront to try to find the wire when I near got it right in the mouth. Some one had pulled it really tight and because there was a dip it was really high so I just walked under it lol. Started running the net out and despite being a bit rusty it went well. Ran a 50 then another 20 yards just to cover enough ground to hopefully get one. Started walking out and around the far side of the field singing as I went which would be enough to get most things moving.
Got back to the net and mission was accomplished a nice prime tender rabbit in the bag.

the wind was not ideal 

That is what it is all about,  :thumbs:  you want a rabbit so you just go and get one.

#3 terryd

terryd

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 4,181 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 09:09 pm

yep you can't beat natures larder lol

#4 terryd

terryd

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 4,181 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 09:30 pm

Do you know them pegs I had off you Allan are still as good as new. I have made some extra ones as I built up my net collection and the seasoned hazel seems to last an age. Got to be 5-6 years old

Edited by terryd, 27 October 2016 - 09:31 pm.

#5 lllluke1

lllluke1

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 10:22 pm

Best write up in a long time.  I can see yopu now, walking the field singing to your hearts content

#6 Tiercel

Tiercel

Extreme Hunter

• 7,450 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 10:36 pm

Do you know them pegs I had off you Allan are still as good as new. I have made some extra ones as I built up my net collection and the seasoned hazel seems to last an age. Got to be 5-6 years old

Pegs do vary in the time they last, I suppose it is down to if there is a fault in the wood? I still have some unused pegs that I cut 20 years ago, they are a lot darker but still sound.

TC

#7 Stockpot

Stockpot

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 11:32 pm

Little forays like this are food for the soul as well as the table.

• Tiercel, terryd and Sirblessed like this

#8 terryd

terryd

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 4,181 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 07:08 am

Best write up in a long time.  I can see yopu now, walking the field singing to your hearts content

just count your self lucky you weren't there to hear it  :laugh:

#9 Stockpot

Stockpot

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 07:33 am

Was it a rendition of Bright Eyes or Run Rabbit Run Rabbit ? :laugh:

• terryd likes this

#10 terryd

terryd

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 4,181 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 07:37 am

Was it a rendition of Bright Eyes or Run Rabbit Run Rabbit ? :laugh:

:laugh:  :laugh:  I like it

#11 Chicken_man

Chicken_man

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 08:17 am

Nice one Terry 👍

#12 terryd

terryd

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 4,181 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 10:10 am

Nice one Terry

got to do some thing on these dark nights :)

• Chicken_man likes this

#13 Sirblessed

Sirblessed

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 11:30 am

Well done T  Im out tomorrow to check out a new spot, wont sleep tonight... :laugh:    will post later atb

• Chicken_man likes this

#14 terryd

terryd

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 4,181 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 11:32 am

Well done T  Im out tomorrow to check out a new spot, wont sleep tonight... :laugh:    will post later atb

Look forward to it you lucky devil lol  :thumbs:  get them long nets out at night they will be bulging assuming you can get the pegs in 

• Sirblessed likes this

#15 Sirblessed

Sirblessed

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 11:34 am

Look forward to it you lucky devil lol  :thumbs:  get them long nets out at night they will be bulging assuming you can get the pegs in 

Have a rubber mallet just in case

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users