Sign in to follow this  
youcanthide...BANG

Freya 2015

Pulled Freya on Monday after a weeks weight reduction. Tuesday and Wednesday she was coming instantly full length of he creance so I let her loose took her lamping today for the first time and on her third slip she took this rabbit in fine style. From aviary to hunting in three days, what more can I ask for. Done me proud

2015-09-18%2000.00.23_zpsgfjqezmi.jpg

Well done mate....,,,that's what I like to see, no fcuking about! Haha.....Atb

Went ferreting today with a mates female. Only got one decent bolt on my mates side of the hedge and his bird caught it. Lamping till Friday then hopefully north Yorkshire on Saturday

Kills 3,4 and 5 last night on the lamp. Flew the rabbits well. Also pleased to say I've just put a deposit down on an English pointer pup. Meet Jäegar, pick him up next week. Right age now ready to start next season with the hawk.

20150925_181907-1_zpsidofis8d.jpg

• Like 2

Nice puppy mate, an English pointer is quite an unusual choice these days for an austringer, is it not? Or at least less fashionable I suppose.....

Good luck with it ;-)

Hahaha. I was lookin at the gwp pointers mate but a good mate of mine had these english pointers and I've seen the mum work and she's a cracking dog. Either way any pointer is better than none haha.

Anyway got kill number 6 tonight. Would have been 7 if my mate didn't let his hawk off to "help" mine out on a rabbit she took on a pretty long slip. Only thing she helped out with was pulling my bird off the rabbits and letting it run free lol

Hahaha. I was lookin at the gwp pointers mate but a good mate of mine had these english pointers and I've seen the mum work and she's a cracking dog. Either way any pointer is better than none haha.

Anyway got kill number 6 tonight. Would have been 7 if my mate didn't let his hawk off to "help" mine out on a rabbit she took on a pretty long slip. Only thing she helped out with was pulling my bird off the rabbits and letting it run free lol

Haha.....spot on! Has to be better than thrashing around waste high in brambles like I always was...

.....it will open up a whole new world for you ;-)

Too right. Might be my last season with this bird. Feel like after this season I've done my time with Harris hawks. Ready to move on to a different style of hawking. Gos or spar for me I reckon

• Like 1