• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two first greeny mules.

Checked the nest pans today when the canary was out feeding , the nest she made in the pan in the flight which looks perfect and lined with alpaca fleece was empty checked the pan in the shed with fel

When the young un's are ready to jump ship make sure there's some branches down so they get up off the floor as such,they will scramble up the wire but branches are so much better for them to climb/fl

Posted Images

All 3 eggs hatched ☺☺ 2 yesterday and the other when I fed them this morning , very happy will post a pic when they are a bit older as don't want to mess her about too much

nice one pappa, give her small but frequent soft food for rearing and they will be fine,i put a bit in morning then fresh at tea time,too much at once goes stale, :thumbs:

Thanks francolin the one I have bought is ready mixed ready to use its called gold patee by orlux, I work mid afternoon to 9 so I have been putting a little in first thing in the morning and replace it before I go to work .

to be honest I rear my chicks on a very secret old recipe with a long and complex list of ingredients,that I should not realy tell anybody else,but I will tell you pappabear in case it helps,or you run out at some point,1 hard boiled egg to one digestive biscuit,mashed up with a fork, :laugh::thumbs: don't tell nobody.

• Like 1

I won't I promise ☺ , I will probably use that when I have lots of birds but while I just have the 1 pair the ready made stuff might stay fresher for longer plus I have got a large bag to use

yes keep using what you have if they are feeding ok best not to change anything,i feed loads of boiled eggs,but mine have EMP egg food available all the time when they got chicks,they just prefer the egg n biscuits,there food is a better diet than mine :laugh:

I had the same with a greenie nest this week,went in to ring them and the smallest was dead,bloody shame as it was a coloured chick but as the saying goes,with livestock we get deadstock and so we just carry on doing our best and the rest is up to the gods...

• Like 2

Found a second dead chick on the floor this morning , when I had a quick glimpse when I removed the first dead one I thought the remaining 2 looked a similar size but the dead one this morning looked to be a third of the size smaller , I don't know whether next time to place them in a breeding cage and try the dummy eggs , it's hard as don't want to stress the parents but is it best to interfere or let nature run its course

Edited by pappabear

For the best results, single flights will produce more chicks, but not everyone has the space.

But some people, are changing the double edge on the roofs of there flights, because they say it's starting there birds of to early. ??????