Baskets?

gnipper

The basket in the pic is one of the smallest ones I make, takes 42yds of net set at 6yd spacings. I made a couple of these, if anyone is with me doing dykes I loan them one, does most dyke sets I do. If I am on my own I can put the 2 nets in the middle sized basket. They can easily be made a little higher if you want another pole in.

alf13-12-14033_zps24a2dae8.jpg

Middle sized one

o004_zpsb0cd1fd7.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These are the smaller type baskets, i used mine a few times over the Christmas break. great for a little mooch about. I think i get around 16-17 poles in this basket.              

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/QUICKSET-LONGNET-BASKET-FERRETING-PURSE-NETS-LONG-NET-/111205107171?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&hash=item19e45745e3       original, very light, made

Nelson I believe is doing a version of Joe's baskets at a reasonable price. Powder coated and one of the best workable designs available.   TC

If you don't mind me asking nels0n, how wide is the small basket in your pictures at the widest point?

i dont have my basket or template here at the moment as im at work. maybe LC could answer that for me????

I will measure it tomorrow mate, off to bed, up at 5. Atb.

Thank you very much :thumbs:

If you don't mind me asking nels0n, how wide is the small basket in your pictures at the widest point?

i dont have my basket or template here at the moment as im at work. maybe LC could answer that for me????
I will measure it tomorrow mate, off to bed, up at 5. Atb.

Thanks mate, no rush.

Mr G, measured the smallest basket I make, the measurements were 16" wide and 6 1/2" deep, the front is 7"

smallbasket002_zpsb1a3e3a8.jpg

smallbasket001_zps6f8e1aca.jpg

smallbasket003_zpsb347b55b.jpg

smallbasket004_zps5d741447.jpg

The same measurements on the middle size basket is 16" wide, 7 1/2" deep and front is 8 1/2".

I sent Les a mid size and a small (moochers basket) down a few months ago to copy, as you see he has made a great job of the mid size one, hopefully he will also sell the moochers basket as they are a great bit of kit for the mobile ferreter, you hardly know you are carrying it.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for putting that up LC, I'm very grateful mate.

I can see what your saying about it being really small and a proper useful bit of ferreting kit without any sacrifice being made with the weight side of things.

Looks spot on mate. Atb.