Greetings From Ohio

My current residence is in Ohio. I live right next to a river here in Ohio and do some duck hunting here. But most of my hunting is done in Illinois where I own land and have access to a lot of additional hunting ground. Even though my land has plenty of deer and turkey I have always preferred small game (squirrel, duck, quail, dove, rabbit, raccoon) hunting and trapping. I also enjoy fishing, frog hunting and catching snapping turtles.

I'm curious about hunting in Great Britain and so decided to join this site to learn how things work over there.

Welcome mate ...some of us like a gun .. :thumbs:

Me too. I mostly hunt with a shotgun or a .17 HMR rifle. But use a .22 pistol sometimes.

6.5 , .22lr , shotgun ..... ;)........PISTOL.....we can only dream mate ..!!!!.. :cray:

Me too. I mostly hunt with a shotgun or a .17 HMR rifle. But use a .22 pistol sometimes.

6.5 , .22lr , shotgun ..... ;)........PISTOL.....we can only dream mate ..!!!!.. :cray:

I know, too bad about that. Things were getting pretty bad here in that regard, but the tide has turned the other way over the last several years. I just inherited a .44 magnum Ruger Redhawk. Going to fire a few rounds this weekend and will pop off a few in your honor.

A lot of states allow the larger calibers (.357 or bigger) for game such as deer, bear, and wild hogs. The .22 pistol comes in handy for hunting raccoons at night or for trapping when you catch something that is a little too big to club.

I know, too bad about that. Things were getting pretty bad here in that regard, but the tide has turned the other way over the last several years. I just inherited a .44 magnum Ruger Redhawk. Going to fire a few rounds this weekend and will pop off a few in your honor.

Excellent ...top man !...I had to give mine up when the ban came in ..