Effective Hunting Setups , Beginners Guide ( Discussion)

Guest OutdoorFanatic

Guest OutdoorFanatic

Rarely does a month go by that we do not have a new member asking for advice on an effective hunting setup for various game. Whilst most can find the answers to their questions by spending some time reading through the forum, some may be on the lower pages.

I am starting this thread in an effort to compile as much useful information as possible into a single place that will be at the top of the catapult forum, easily accessible by all and right in front for inquisitive minds.

To do this I will need your help. What I am asking for is for the hunters on the forum to post in this thread successful and effective hunting setups that you have used to take game. Please be as detailed as possible as to your setup.

What I would like to see in your posts ;)

Game type :

Slingshot used :

Shooting style :

Bands used :

Ammo type :

Ammo size :

Range :

You don't have to tick every box, but as much info as you can provide will be very helpful to any new member looking at slingshots as a hunting weapon.

Pictures of your setups would also be very useful.

Please note : This is only a thread to discuss hunting setups ;)

Cheers guys ;) ,i will try and make more threads like this that can be easily found at the top of the page if it stays active - thanks

Edited by OutdoorFanatic
  • Like 2

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OTT (over the top,) bands are pulled over the top of forks and ammo passes over the forks. TTF (through the forks) bands are tied to the side of the forks, ammo passes through the forks PFS (pickle

Rarely does a month go by that we do not have a new member asking for advice on an effective hunting setup for various game. Whilst most can find the answers to their questions by spending some time r

Over the top. So your bands are drawn so they go over the top of he forks. TTF is when the bands go over the sides of the cattu

Guest OutdoorFanatic

Game type : Wood pigeons,squirrels & rabbits

Slingshot used : Gamekeeper TTF Pocket poacher

Shooting style : TTF (Gangsta)

Bands used : single 27-22 theraband gold or 30mm straight cut single asda blues.

Ammo type : steel ball

Ammo size : 9.5mm

Range : 10 - 15m

Edited by OutdoorFanatic
Guest OutdoorFanatic

God knows Kyle ;)

Suits me pretty well, I'll be using double theraband gold with 12mm lead or marbles soon or i may even use hex nuts ;) shooting my money away with these steel balls aha