Kerry Blue Wanted

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When you say "any help appreciated" I presume you mean your friend needs help. I would agree, anyone looking for a Kerry Blue on a working terrier forum needs help.   Sorry, couldn't resist it.

Just my opinion, but as I've said before the Kerry Blue was never anything other than a rough and ready cur. Like most of the Irish breeds he'd have been a jack of all trades but master of none. SO,

Bushranger, I've yet to meet a breeder of Kerry Blues who's dogs weren't the gamest, best hunters out there. Years ago a breeder of Glen of Imalls was telling me how game his Glens were. You know wh

Posted Images

Bushranger, I've yet to meet a breeder of Kerry Blues who's dogs weren't the gamest, best hunters out there.

Years ago a breeder of Glen of Imalls was telling me how game his Glens were.

You know what I said ?

"Show me".

I picked him up and he soon realised that his dogs were curs.

BUT, this man wasn't stupid ,nor was he as big a dreamer as most owners of Bedlingtons, Borders, Glens and Blues etc. and he knew his dogs needed an injection of something.

So guess what he did ?

He put one of my Pit Bulls over a Glen bitch. The litter arrived and just looked like Glens with massive heads and he registered them with the Irish Kennel Club (I.K.C.) .

I really do hope that his outcross has now saturated todays Kennel Clubs Glen of Imalls and IMO there are many breeds who need folk behind them like this man.

The Kerry Blue is one of them. Let's face it, nowadays they're like a Poodle on steroids.

• Like 3

I don't think Kerry Blues are the gamest for a minute. Just that some strains are feisty and ready to go,have a good nose for following sent, and have a certain skill when engaged, depending what you do with them and the individual you have he can Hunt. I don't know what the working wheaten are like, many don't look to good as a worker.

I agree neil....you put quality apbt to a kerry he will be a better fighter, gamer also.

Edited by bushranger

I wasn't implying that you think Kerry Blues are the gamest, or even remotely game for that matter.

What I was implying is that those who breed them (and all the other non working breeds) will always try and fool others (whilst fooling themselves too) into thinking that they breed the real deal.

• Like 2