Back At The Rats

Not been up the farm for a while so when the mrs decided to catch up on tv she had recorded while shes been at work monday I chucked the rifle in the car.

I had a quick mooch about and saw nothing, there is building and groundwork going on so a lot of the usual runs have gone.

So took a perch in front of the stables facing the feed sheds and stood still for a few minutes, I flicked the nv on and bingo a rat sat under the door of the furthest feed shed about 20 yards away, I took a second to steady myself and thud it rolled over but kicked itself under the shed bugger cant get under this one.

Sat to see if any more appeared to no avail so I did a lap around the rest of the place but spotted nothing.

I decided to throw a bag on the shooting and grabbed a spade from the stables to shift the tufts of grass infront of the first feed shed before I went, its a portacabin sat up on sleepers so with the grass clear and crouched down I can see most of the way under it and this is where I shoot a lot of them.

I nipped up again tonight for a couple of hours tonight hoping to bag a some more. I nailed a decent sized one from just under the first shed from 17 yards within about 5 minutes and went for a mooch around the rest of the place but nothing about. I decided to sit still in front of the feed sheds and after abit one popped out from the side of the second feed shed and I somehow managed to miss it completely.

Another two turned up later on under the first shed who wernt so lucky both got a jsb in their noggin. I called it a night after that, when I went to pick the bodies up the first one had been dragged a couple of yards from where I shot it, no sign of one and the other was out of reach of the rake.

IMG-20141001-00576_zpse78021ab.jpg

Edited by treecreeper

Nope, I leave the bodys till last because if I go and get them don't see anything for atleast half hour and by the time iv finished half of them have gone. Probably why poisons are not as effective they build up emunity through eating their dead mates.

• 3 weeks later...