Sign in to follow this  
jammer69

No Longer A Virgin!

Yeah i get it. Its about which shooting man is confident about which shot hes taking,

the sporting/unsporting that i mention is merely a matter of my own opinion, that pointing a rifle and pulling a trigger at any distance, i classify as not being very sporting.

i thought it was a very impresive shot. if you read my post lads i never took the shot it was the gentleman who had invited me out.

however if you a confident marksman why not make a head shot?

• Like 1

i thought it was a very impresive shot. if you read my post lads i never took the shot it was the gentleman who had invited me out.

however if you a confident marksman why not make a head shot?

Damned if we dog em, damned if we shoot em :laugh:

• Like 1

'WHEN it goes tits up'

You seem confident that he will f**k up.

Maybe he has a dog to track an injured animal?

Every one cocks up at some time , anyone who has never missed doesn't shoot much .The trouble with messing up head shots is they can run miles...regardless if you have a dog to trail them or not , shoot the jaw there isn't a lot of blood & they just disappear to die a slow death . Be a couple of inches out with a chest shot it will still be fatal .Head & neck shots are fine at close range off a good rest or bipod , but out more than 100m I will always front box ..I know plenty of people who go out much further but its not for me ..

'WHEN it goes tits up'

Every one cocks up at some time , anyone who has never missed doesn't shoot much .The trouble with messing up head shots is they can run miles...regardless if you have a dog to trail them or not , shoot the jaw there isn't a lot of blood & they just disappear to die a slow death . Be a couple of inches out with a chest shot it will still be fatal .Head & neck shots are fine at close range off a good rest or bipod , but out more than 100m I will always front box ..I know plenty of people who go out much further but its not for me ..

That seems a more sensible reply. An explanation.

I think 'the stalker' seems to have a bee in his bonnet about something. Instead of offering advice & explanation, he came across rather abrupt, personally i think because trigger2 mentioned he was a lurcherman.

Ive came across lurcher hating stalkers before. Face to face, in the field. In thick fog, and IMO nobody should of been even thinking about shooting a high powred rifle in those conditions.

Rabbit you aint got a clue , i was running Lurchers probably before you were able to talk, and as for the explanation .What don't you understand about a animal being left to die with a shot off jaw because the man with the rifle made a slight error or the Animal moved just a fraction ???

'WHEN it goes tits up'

I think 'the stalker' seems to have a bee in his bonnet about something. Instead of offering advice & explanation, he came across rather abrupt, personally i think because trigger2 mentioned he was a lurcherman.

Ive came across lurcher hating stalkers before. Face to face, in the field. In thick fog, and IMO nobody should of been even thinking about shooting a high powred rifle in those conditions.

You shouldn't be thinking of shooting anything in thick fog ! high powered , low powered any powered ...as for lurcher hating stalkers that's the very last thing I could ever be described as (I know you never ment me ) I love a long dog ... :thumbs:

'WHEN it goes tits up'

You shouldn't be thinking of shooting anything in thick fog ! high powered , low powered any powered ...as for lurcher hating stalkers that's the very last thing I could ever be described as (I know you never ment me ) I love a long dog ... :thumbs:

:thumbs: cant beat the sight of a lurcher closing in :yes:

Best practice and most humane shot is to the chest........ Don't take my word for it see the attachment. ....... nobody is perfect EVERYBODY has an off day.

Nobody has put lurchers down We all love our sport guys we just choose to do it differently. ..... In most if not all cases chest/vitals are the best placed shot.