Sign in to follow this  
Tiercel

A New Lightweight Net

whats the larger netting for if it lets rabbits pass throught.?is it just an extra safety measure that the bunny stays tangled if it trys to bounce back out? like double netting?

Good to hear Threelander. I got my spool today and fancied doing some double stranded stop nets so Ive ordered another spool, we`ll see how long it takes..

You like bright colours Joe, just for you.. THIS NET IS NOT SET..

post-45598-0-03502900-1386277926_thumb.jpg

Lol. You know youse want one... It was my first.. I`d learnt to knit and made the best part of 100 nets of all shapes and sizes and fancied a go at a long net. So I used what I had, then had to buy more twine to finish it.. Its my day time, bomb proof, dog friendly, only on permission net. Ive plenty of others though.

i have wondered about this net from time to time and im genuinly intrested how this net performed

maybe it was not tested.. did any body else make a long net from this twine? i see a few bought some twine

Socks has some double stranded stoppies I made out of this, you could ask him. Some of his lines had come undone last time I seen him so I didnt get to use them. His nets do take a battering though, daily use..

the reason i asked was mr wilks and myself have a 800yd drop.. we need to do as much as we can in 1 hit and need to take a lot of net

the reason i asked was mr wilks and myself have a 800yd drop.. we need to do as much as we can in 1 hit and need to take a lot of net

That is a lot of weight, even in 4z that would weigh over 20 kilos without the pegs. The most I have ever set with two people is 350 yards and that seemed never ending. I had 150 in my jacket and my son had 200 and bundles of pegs in a burgen on his back. Setting it out was not too bad but picking it up was soul destroying.

Best of luck.

TC