Draw Cording A Longnet ?

foxtails

because im not as knoladgeable as you lot, i havent a clue what you talking about :laugh: but yes i know it wont take me long to thread the top and bottom line on both nets, ill have them both done in an hour, i was just a bit dissapointed that 3/4 of the net is hemp and the last 1/4 is spun poly, but what is the difference between the nylon and the hemp long nets ? will the rabbits get more tangled in the hemp longnets than the nylon longnets ?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Simple answer IMO no I honestly think that nylon 4z is one of the best catchers there is.   But it is just my opinion others will tell you different.   TC

start talking about mesh size and youv got me completly, i havent a clue about that,

Don't go there regarding Mesh Sizes ..

Posted Images

Why do you and smithie use such short bridles? Mine are at least a yard long.

TC

i did think of asking why your end pins are so far from the net but i did not want to open a can of worms..lol

simply for me i can get in closer to the wall and there is a lot of walls and dont feel i need longer so i just make what suits that all

The reason I have mine at a yard long is the angle from the endpin to the top of the first peg. The shorter the distance is the steeper the angle, the steeper the angle the less tension you can put on the head line as it can cause the end pin to move as you apply tension, even when the pin is put in at an angle away from the net.

Using them like that would suit if your netting up against a wall. I have a similar problem with fences when using stop nets. But instead of using shorter bridles I lay the bridles along the line of the fence then place my first peg tight against the fence and place a loop or twine over the top of the peg around the wire of the fence and back over the the top of the peg.

TC

tbh i have not noticed top line slipping but that does not mean its not happening. i do have the top line tight and if not happy i do throw another loop over.. i will look in to it.

17112010.jpg

finding the end pin is like wheres wally

how much if a 25 yrd hemp/spun poly longnet worth, and a 6oz 40 yrs longnet, ready to make a 25 yrd longnet ? i watched the proseesional rabbit control with mick manbridge and edd say on theyr dvd that they think hemp is the better long nets, but nylon although theyr good as rabbits get more tangled up in them, they also pick up half the field, i only plan on keeping 1 longnets, just want to keep the right one!

because im not as knoladgeable as you lot, i havent a clue what you talking about :laugh: but yes i know it wont take me long to thread the top and bottom line on both nets, ill have them both done in an hour, i was just a bit dissapointed that 3/4 of the net is hemp and the last 1/4 is spun poly, but what is the difference between the nylon and the hemp long nets ? will the rabbits get more tangled in the hemp longnets than the nylon longnets ?

Simple answer IMO no I honestly think that nylon 4z is one of the best catchers there is.

But it is just my opinion others will tell you different.

TC

• Like 1

dont nylon catch on everything in the field though (at the same time the rabbits get more tangled ect) hemp doesnt pick up so much crap, but if you read the last post i put up theres some advise of a seasoned longnetter on theyr dvd, iv always used nylon and am happy with it, so think im going to keep the nylon net, so if anyone wants a 3/4 hemp 1/4 spun poly longnet pm me.

How can you be talking about mesh sizes on a long net surely it must be 2 and a eight so there heads come threw the mesh and you can neck them in the net :hmm:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

How can you be talking about mesh sizes on a long net surely it must be 2 and a eight so there heads come threw the mesh and you can neck them in the net :hmm:

nothings a given.. early season you can expect to lose some with a mesh that size i started early but i have them last week slip through a 4 inch mesh as the net was getting killed.. and if its a hard winter it might still happen later on..

• Like 1

nothings a given.. early season you can expect to lose some with a mesh that size i started early but i have them last week slip through a 4 inch mesh as the net was getting killed.. and if its a hard winter it might still happen later on..

Thats intentional though there called breeding stock here :thumbs::laugh:

• Like 1

no need for breading stock... unless mixi comes through you will have more next year.. if you leave it alone through summer it should not be a problem

by leaving them 2 things happen around here.. 1st thing is the dog men come on and second the farmers not happy and you can lose permision, this is how i come by some of my permision... the man before me was not putting the effort in.