I tend to always clean the inside of the barrel on a new gun, i usually just use a pull through a couple of times. Some rifles are stored with and excessive amount of protective grease in the barrel. I have found this to be worse on new BSA rifles rather than Weihrauch.

• Like 1

I tend to always clean the inside of the barrel on a new gun, i usually just use a pull through a couple of times. Some rifles are stored with and excessive amount of protective grease in the barrel. I have found this to be worse on new BSA rifles rather than Weihrauch.

Second this one :thumbs:

Use a bit of turps / white spirit on a piece of lint free cloth, don't soak it, just dampen it.

Use a bit of 60lb fishing line as the pull through.

Three pulls should do it, then a couple with a clean and dry piece of cloth.

You are then ready to start leading in your barrel :yes:

• Like 2

As above

However, I have noticed though as of late in the ones Ive serviced that Weihrauch are using a horrible cheap yellowish grease so after a tin or so pellets you might start getting a bit of spring twang.

I personally would wait till this happens then strip, clean and relube with a decent moly based grease and you should be good for a few thousand till it needs done again

Darryl

• Like 1