Holly Sh$T!! Mites Galore!

If you know anyone in pest control ficam w in pens problem solved..

You can buy it on ebay, will it defo work torchey?

Just looked on ebay :icon_eek: didn,t realise anyone could buy it ,that aside it slaughters them :thumbs:

Nice. Good old ebay.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you know anyone in pest control ficam w in pens problem solved..

to be honest, thats what i always used it for years ago, get a bottle of concentrate, mix with 2 galls of water and soak every nook and cranny with it inside the loft, open the wings of the birds out

when my chooks had mites a burnt the pen and put the hens in individual cardboard boxes after coating them in mite powder(not sure what make it was as was given it from old man of the allotments) i di

is this ficam poultry friendly....i mean after you soaked the coop in it how long do you have to leave the coop before returning the birds to it.also if it is poultry friendly could it be but in a spray bottle and sprayed directly on to the birds ??cheers...

is this ficam poultry friendly....i mean after you soaked the coop in it how long do you have to leave the coop before returning the birds to it.also if it is poultry friendly could it be but in a spray bottle and sprayed directly on to the birds ??cheers...

At this moment in time bud, I couldn't give a shit, its that bad. Im going on the theory, that if you can use it round the house and bedroom, for bedbugs, its safe enough for me. Without sounding harsh, its us or the hens. I`ll let you know Bull, if theres any adverse reactions in the birds..

Don,t spray it on the birds :nono: take them away from the run clean it out spray it and wait til its dry before putting the birds back ,make sure you spray every nook and cranny

I was never gonna spray the birds bud. What I meant was, Im guessing its not got a ticket for poultry use, but Im willing to try it regardless as I feel the problem is that bad.

50/50 bleach and hot water, and if you have a blowtorch have a quick run round with it, and I don't mean use it like an Olympic torch.

Ha Ha Ha, funny guy. :laugh:

My little gas weed burner seems to have stopped working, got a leak. Tried some old boys old school pump up paraffin one yesterday, nearly set fire to the fence. Fooking thing kept pulsing and squirting out like a flame thrower!! Gave it some more pressure and it started pissing out from the on/off valve.. Decided it was best left alone. My poison turned up today, but I wasn't home to sign for it. Job for the morning..

get some hydrated lime throw it all round cabin and perches and on birds it will sort it

Yeah some old boy said that. Ive got some heavy duty bug spray coming for the coops and what not and some eprinex pour on for the birds. I`m praying its gonna knock them out.

Had a bad outbreak of mite the other year, can't buy duromitex any more, tried the powders, soaks and sprays and didn't do a lot. Used a blow torch for several days With the other treatments and still didn't shift it.

I had 5 gal of creosote of the Internet delivered for around £30 and sprayed the inside of the chicken shed, made new perches and nest box and creosoted them too and haven't been troubled since.

Didn't bother the birds at all, chucked the first weeks worth of eggs away to be sure they didn't taste.

Also got plenty of creosote left for any other wood in the garden.

That Ficam is fooking lethal and will kill anything that flies and crawl's..a friend uses it to good effect but it is expensive and you need a good dust mask..i use Ant Raid powder in my shed's..

• Like 1

get some diatomaceous earth down boys, i went to clean my poultry sheds out today in a vest and shorts, expected to be covered in mechanical dandruff due to weather etc, not f****n one. I use religously diatomaceous earth as a preventative measure, looks like its paid off, look it up boys, it seems to do what it claims to do on the tin for certain.

get some diatomaceous earth down boys, i went to clean my poultry sheds out today in a vest and shorts, expected to be covered in mechanical dandruff due to weather etc, not f****n one. I use religously diatomaceous earth as a preventative measure, looks like its paid off, look it up boys, it seems to do what it claims to do on the tin for certain.

do you use the DE strait on the floor bootsha ? can it be chucked in to all the crevices in the coop/ pen/ run area?whats the price tagg on this stuff mate? :thumbs:

yes bull x. i remove all the shavings from the poultry sheds, nest boxes the lot, brush it all out so there nothing left in there. you can apply an insecticide if you want to, if you do, let it dry thoroughly, then get a few handfulls of DE and scatter it everywhere, all nooks and crannies, nest boxes etc, make sure you put some on the length of you fowl perches, especially down the ends of the perches as thats where the little b*****ds love to hide during the day and then come to feed at night.

I was once told Also to wrap double sided sticky tape (like the blue peter stuff lol) at either end of the perch, if you wanted to see if you had mechanical dandruff in the sheds, go back in the morning and see the little b*****ds stuck on the tape on their way for a feed. My large bucket cost about £30 i THINK, but it lasts ages, i even put it under the dogs on the benches, has the same effect on fleas etc. Google it mate, sounds like a gimmick....but it works for me..by means of proof.

B