First Ever Phesant

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys, I'm absolutely beeming, my wife went out today for a couple of hours and I was sitting down on my sofa going over and over. The thing is. I Have seen this Cockbird the past few times I have b

Haha yes it shows the brief readers to the full readers, I'm not sure how to put the note bit in bold so there may be some abuse

I know you'd like it tuned up but can't be too sad if it's happily knocking over bunnies, pigeon and the odd pheasant. My 77 is as it was when it came out of the factory and has plenty of punch. it's a .20 cal, some people hate them at this calibre but it does the bizzo on all I've ever used it for.

I think it's because the reason why the fr introduced years ago, a load of guys brought them over with the intent to use them as game birds but the states over here banned it, so before they could ban them ring released into the wild, they were hence the reason there are so many and now the ban on releasing them. Don't quote me on that though but I think that's the reason

Hi Paul, you can't actually see the entry point on there, twhere it looks like is where I have wringed the neck, I do this to all birds even if I know it is a kill shot just to make doubly sure, I actually shot it where the neck joins the head severing the spinal cord, I tend to aim a bit away from headsahots on birds because they just move too much

Hi Craig

I can't see the pellet entry point. Can you tell me where you hit it?...........and before anyone shouts, yes I know you can't shoot pheasants on the UK mainland with an air rifle. I just being morbidly curious.

Yes you can, I have shot plenty with my air rifles, just as legal as shooting them with a shotgun!

Edited by secretagentmole