Longnet set up

smokey

well lets face it I am being a thick , I am trying to connect a KP net with leaded line to Magnum fibre glass poles with gromets ,and getting in a right mess......I do the clove hitch like he recommends ,but the line being leaded is to thick to go in the grommets....is there an easier way of connecting these nets????.......

regards

Dumb F*ck.............

p.s anyone near Northamptonshire who could help :(

Guest The Big Fish

Hi there Dumb F*ck :D the magnum grommets wont take a leaded line, no matter how hard or long you try to make it fit.

The only solution is to remove the bottom line and fit a standard one.

Personaly i dont see the need for a leaded line on a longnet anyway, i mean its not like we are flinging the things into the local rivers from the back of a boat and trauling the waterways, is it :no:

Hope you solve your problematic leaded line drama and your net isnt destined to live out a lonley life in the back of the shed along with the chocolate fire guard...

Regards

TBF

with leaded line you have an inner and outer core. remover the outer core to expose the inner core, CAREFULLY CUT OFF THE LEAD BEADS LEAVING ONLY THE CORD. do this for about 6-8inchs and you then have enough cord to do your clove hitch :thumbs:

smokey, Throw your bottom grommets away, slide a rubber ring onto your pole, form your clove hitch on the leaded line catching one selvedge loop in the middle of your clove hitch knot. Slide onto pole. Then take a screwdriver or similar and push down through the rubber ring on the clove hitch knot side.Stretch the rubber ring, twist it and pop it over the point of your pole. Use diluted washing up liquid on a sponge (or silicon spray) and push rubber ring and clove hitch down the pole.

If you send me a personel message with your address I'll send you some rubber rings and a dvd of how to rig a long net.

regards Masterhunter

oK.......THATS IT.....I am now going to try and buy 2 25yrd longnet off gypo joe.............For sale.....6 black magnum poles and 4 white all with gromets and also 2 x 25yrd kp longnets with leaded line for sale.............will even offer free delivery.....

Regards

Dumb f*ck (smokey)

must admit ive had the same happen a fair few times on a 75yder! :wallbash: ive done a short stop net recently and thats looking good atm so ive sent you a pm smokey. only the poles im after really but if the price is right :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...