Injured hare

Its not a snair Dave,its a SNARE!

Speak to any farmer or countryman and you will LEARN that rabbits,hares,roe fawns etc regularly get chopped to f**k by farm machinery.They will clap and get cut up,most country lads have stood on hares when out raking so they dont always use their flight option.

P.S,a hare CANNOT take a leg off with a snare (legs have bones,tendens and ligaments in them)so what chance has it got taking two legs off! :hunter:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is still legal to hunt a hare with hounds,if the landowner has good reason to believe he has wounded a hare on his land.Such as wounding with a rifle or shotgun etc(or combine :D ).There is NO limit on the number of dogs you can use in this case.BUT it is ILLEGAL to DELIBERATLY wound a hare for the purpose of hunting it :icon_eek::icon_eek: .And the people that wrote this law are running the country :icon_eek:

What course :blink::unsure:

It still would have been illegal to kill it, the hunting with dogs act does'nt state anything about injured animals just that is is illegal to kill them with dogs. But intent is a different thing an injured animal like that could have been killed by any dog. Im sure if LDR dog hadnt accidentally killed it then he would have done so with his hands :yes:

MOLL.

Molly, can i just back up jessdales comments here. The hunting with dogs act does actually talk about injured hares here in this extract.

"5. Retrieval of hares

The hunting of a hare which has been shot is exempt if it takes place on land—

(a)which belongs to the hunter, or

(B) which he has been given permission to use for the purpose of hunting hares by the occupier or, in the case of unoccupied land, by a person to whom it belongs."

As you can see here you can LEGALLY hunt a hare if it has been injured by Shooting. How badly doesn't matter, could be a knick in the ear from a pellet or anything. Also throughout the act there is mostly talk of a limit to 2 dogs, but as you can see there is no limit to the amount of dogs that can be used here. This is pretty much the saviour to Beagle packs in England and Wales, there is actually alot more injured hares from shooting than you would think :whistle: :search: . Another thing, this is only injured hares from SHOOTING, not combines as well jessdale.

So basically if you have permission and you know someone who shoots the land :whistle: your landed. Just to be even more careful, you could get the landowner to phone the polis just so they won't be wasting there resources on do- gooders phoning in!! :D

Can i just say if you haven't read the hunting act do so now or print it and read it on the bog, http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/l...4112.i-iii.html , As we've just seen it could make a difference, as obviously that hare you were coursing was shot at and injured officer :whistle: #

Cheers, Dave

DEs , thanks for putting up the exact wording of the bill.On the combine front i was taking the piss :D .If everybody read the act,the parts that covered their sport imparticular,they would find the holes in the law so they could still hunt "with in the law".I do not hunt or shoot hares but i have read the bill.Surely every running dog man has?

I meant injured as in NOT shot, Thats a whole different paragraph in my mind. I meant it in the given scenario as it was slightly obvious he had'nt been :D

I somehow dont think LDR was actually on permissioned land, although he is a free spirit and thinks all of gods country should be shared :icon_redface: :11: :11:

MOLL.

I know you meant injured as in not shot, just explaining if i got pulled for killing that hare it had been injured via shooting and nothing else :whistle: who'll proove ya wrong? . Just explaining to everyone one of the biggest loop holes!!

Guest Geordie
I meant injured as in NOT shot, Thats a whole different paragraph in my mind. I meant it in the given scenario as it was slightly obvious he had'nt been :D

I somehow dont think LDR was actually on permissioned land, although he is a free spirit and thinks all of gods country should be shared :icon_redface:  :11:  :11:

MOLL.

Good old LDR eh? The only hare his dog can catch is a one that lost its legs to a snare :11: :11: oops i mean a combine harvester :haha::haha:

Hope to see ye soon LDR ;) (ye feckin poacher ye) :ph34r:

I somehow dont think LDR was actually on permissioned land, although he is a free spirit and thinks all of gods country should be shared :icon_redface:  :11:  :11:

MOLL.

Good old LDR eh? The only hare his dog can catch is a one that lost its legs to a snare :11: :11: oops i mean a combine harvester :haha::haha:

Hope to see ye soon LDR ;) (ye feckin poacher ye) :ph34r:

I happened to mention that day that we had eaten a roast venison dinner the Sunday before...........................guess who turned up this Sunday, just as i was in the middle of making a rabbit pie :whistle: :yes: Thinking i might see alot more of LDR on Sundays :shok:

MOLL.