Back at the geese this morning.

Haven't had a whack at the geese this 3 weeks or more because we've been at the divers. Found a field with 200 canadas and 30 greys on it yesterday morning so decided to give them a go this morning. Had a few friends that we shoot divers with down for the morning. When we went in the greys were roosting on the field. They got up and flew out into the bay and lit again. Set up the coys and waited. Pair of canadas came at daylight, shot them. Then 30 minutes later another pair in and got them too. Then 150 left the roost in one bunch took one wide pass and decided against it. Wouldn't have been enough room for them all to light in. They went out and lit in the bay and we were sure we had shot all we were getting at that stage. Then half an hour later 6 came off the roost and flew straight past the big flock on the water to get in, we took 5 out of it. Then another hour later another bunch of 7 came in and we got another 4. Had all packed up by 11 o clock, finished with 13 canadas and a tufted duck. Dont no if the greys came back. I'll have to keep an eye to it through the week. Might give them another go next saturday when the moon goes down abit.

post-70031-0-68878200-1354401723_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

They have a habit of doing that. They don't be long getting wise to being shot at on particular fields. Many pinks with them? Seen a bunch of 60 greys up the lough there this evening. they were just loafing about, no intentions of going to a field to feed. The waters so low here there probably getting enough picking around the shore. Long time to february yet though!

Great shooting Remi.Quick question for you if you dont mind? Do you know anyone in Northern Ireland that organises goose shoots? Myself and my nextdoor neighbour are mad to get a goose. Could you pm me any info or numbers please. Cheers, Jimmy

Without a doubt Fabarm autos for me cant be beaten. I've been shooting them for years. Never had a single problem with them and i'd be very sore on guns. Cycle any load and never jam. Never need cleaning. Really simple construction. The one im shooting now went to the bottom of lough neagh 2 weeks ago at the start of a mornings diver shooting. Got her out put 3 shells in her and away she went. Never jammed and she hasn't been cleaned since. I dont like berreta autos. No doubt there well built also but i could never find one that suited me, there also alot more complicated.