Sign in to follow this  
Wales1234

New to greyhounds

if you want to buy a greyhound to race get talking to one or two trainers dont just go on flappers dream and buy one you need to know what you are doing there is a lot of job dogs being sold on for a reason good luck you will enjoy racing

• Like 2

if you want to buy a greyhound to race get talking to one or two trainers dont just go on flappers dream and buy one you need to know what you are doing there is a lot of job dogs being sold on for a reason good luck you will enjoy racing

well said bud

Up here "job dogs" are dogs that have been bought to do a "job" [to be gambled] and once they've shown their hand the handicapper has got the measure of them which is the reason they are sold on and new dogs bought in. I would have no qualms about buying a job dog but would want to see it run before parting with any cash.

• Like 1

Depends where you are . Swindon is the nearest registered tack to the Severn bridge . Great big galloping track , make sure the dog suits the track , no point getting a dog that just gets 450m , as swindon 480 will kill him . Good start is get on www greyhound data , it gives you the racing history of all registered racing dogs across the world . It also has a classified section . Good luck -- it's a great sport . I breed my own occasionally , and its great when you get the mating right .