Tales from the Field: Lurchers and Terriers

Firstly, thanks very much to IanB for putting up the advert for my new book Tales from the Field published by Skycat Publications, which isn't my own company, but a publishing business set up in Skycat the lurcher's name: that's why it is named as it is! The publisher has given a wonderful retirement home to Skycat and her sister, which is how he knew the name LOL

This is a collection of hunting stories and some of my thoughts on hunting with dogs in general. It features some of the 'special' (to me at any rate) lurchers and terriers I've owned and worked in the past, and describes various hunts, courses and events in honest and frank detail; although I'm primarily a rabbiter nowadays, most of the events in the book describe my life before the ban, and involve hares, foxes and muntjac.

I had a word with the publisher, and he agreed to let me offer a 10% discount off the market price to all The Hunting Life members, for which I am very grateful. Once you reach checkout point there is a space for a promotional code: if you type in HL10 the site will take off your discount as a Hunting Life member. I wanted to do this because THL is my 'home' forum; it's a bit like being in a large, mad and totally random family :tongue2::laugh: and it is great to be part of such a crazy bunch as you lot. :icon_redface::cray: ...well, that's enough slushy stuff from me :laugh:

I really enjoyed putting this book together as it gave me a chance to write things as they really happened, not sanitized for the web or magazine publication. I hope that those who buy the book will enjoy the tales as much as I did, both at the time they happened and remembering them later in writing. So it's a kind of a tribute to those dogs who worked so hard at their various tasks, and it celebrates hunting in all its forms.

You can get the book here: http://www.skycatpublications.com/

You can now pay by PayPal.

Code for Hunting Life member discount is HL10.

Put that into the box provided, click 'apply'. It won't show on that page but when you go to checkout you will see that the discount has been applied.

The book is out next Friday, but you can order it now and it should be with you a week on Monday.

Thanks for reading.

Penny

• Like 2

Firstly, thanks very much to IanB for putting up the advert for my new book Tales from the Field published by Skycat Publications, which isn't my own company, but a publishing business set up in Skycat the lurcher's name: that's why it is named as it is! The publisher has given a wonderful retirement home to Skycat and her sister, which is how he knew the name LOL

This is a collection of hunting stories and some of my thoughts on hunting with dogs in general. It features some of the 'special' (to me at any rate) lurchers and terriers I've owned and worked in the past, and describes various hunts, courses and events in honest and frank detail; although I'm primarily a rabbiter nowadays, most of the events in the book describe my life before the ban, and involve hares, foxes and muntjac.

I had a word with the publisher, and he agreed to let me offer a 10% discount off the market price to all The Hunting Life members, for which I am very grateful. Once you reach checkout point there is a space for a promotional code: if you type in HLM the site will take off your discount as a Hunting Life member. I wanted to do this because THL is my 'home' forum; it's a bit like being in a large, mad and totally random family :tongue2::laugh: and it is great to be part of such a crazy bunch as you lot. :icon_redface::cray: ...well, that's enough slushy stuff from me :laugh:

I really enjoyed putting this book together as it gave me a chance to write things as they really happened, not sanitized for the web or magazine publication. I hope that those who buy the book will enjoy the tales as much as I did, both at the time they happened and remembering them later in writing. So it's a kind of a tribute to those dogs who worked so hard at their various tasks, and it celebrates hunting in all its forms.

You can get the book here: http://www.skycatpublications.com/

By the way, the publisher is working on getting a PayPal thing set up, but for the moment you can buy it online with a card or by sending a cheque or postal order. I'll let you know once the PayPal thing is up and running.

The book is out next Friday, but you can order it now and it should be with you a week on Monday

Thanks for reading.

Penny

all the best with your new book

I cant belive ye had a lurcher called skycat thats gay even for a woman :laugh:

Where d'you think I got my user name from? :laugh: Anyway, she was called Crazy Cat as a pup because she was like a cat springing on and off the work tops in the kitchen, but later, when I realised that she could jump very well, it got changed to Skycat, and I think it's a great name and not gay in the slightest, so there :tongue2: :tongue2:

I cant belive ye had a lurcher called skycat thats gay even for a woman :laugh:

Where d'you think I got my user name from? :laugh: Anyway, she was called Crazy Cat as a pup because she was like a cat springing on and off the work tops in the kitchen, but later, when I realised that she could jump very well, it got changed to Skycat, and I think it's a great name and not gay in the slightest, so there :tongue2: :tongue2:

:laugh: it is abit gay good luck with the book :thumbs:

Wish I had know that when I ordered it two days ago Penny!!!! :cray: :cray: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry! I held off putting the advert on here as I was hoping they'd get the Paypal thing set up before IanB put on the advert, but when I saw that he'd done it I thought I better put the post up.

willow: they'll all be signed: I'm going over to the publishers next week to do a heap of signed ones, but if you want a special 'just to you' dedication then I'll definitely be at the Midland, and a couple of shows in August hopefully: just got to see which ones are in reasonable driving distance from me: any ideas?

Wish I had know that when I ordered it two days ago Penny!!!! :cray: :cray: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry! I held off putting the advert on here as I was hoping they'd get the Paypal thing set up before IanB put on the advert, but when I saw that he'd done it I thought I better put the post up.

willow: they'll all be signed: I'm going over to the publishers next week to do a heap of signed ones, but if you want a special 'just to you' dedication then I'll definitely be at the Midland, and a couple of shows in August hopefully: just got to see which ones are in reasonable driving distance from me: any ideas?

midland it will be its for a mate in canada who keeps terrier x but loves reading about coursing and working dogs ( hes a bit of a hillybilly no phone or comp :laugh: :laugh: thanks :thumbs: :thumbs:

This will be a great read Skycat as I know how hard you have worked on this project :thumbs: And from the sneak peak I had, I am sure plenty of people will also enjoy it, It left me wanting to read more, you cant be honest accounts of hunting thats for sure :yes:

I must agree with poacher3161 a great price for nigh on 200 pages :thumbs: :thumbs:

Edited by Sirius