Waterproof coat

Try this http://www.country-catalogue.co.uk/mens/jackets-shooting-jackets/lavenir-shooting-jacket/prod_331.html you may be able to get them a tad cheaper if you shop around.But for the money you won't find a better coat.I have two they are waterproof and you dont sweat a lot in them.I have tried dozens of top brand coats over the years but for a waterproof general knockabout coat you won't beat them.

Hope this helps.

I prefer to use lightweight gortex Jackets, just add a fleece underneath in winter..and they come in greens/brown/black. Just google them, mountaineers been using and designing them far longer than the hunting fraternity. works for me. :thumbs:

Cheers for that lads looks like a nice jacket but how breathable is it? and i'll take a look at them mountaineers jackets mate :thumbs:

Like I said its the best i've come across waterproof hardwearing and very breathable.We walk a lot of ground so needs to be breathable.I wouldn't swap one for a goretex.I have a swazi goretex coat cost a fortune but no good for walking in you sweat your gonads off.Excellent if your standing about in the rain but as soon as you start walking goretex is like boil in the bag.

• 2 weeks later...

If you sweat in Gortex, you have too many clothes on! If you want to stay dry, then Gortex is the way to go!. Lot's of different coat maker's use the gortex waterproof membrane and coat quality differ's, but the gortex is still waterproof. If you don't mind Army Camo pattern, find an ex army shop and ask for a Dutch Camo Gortex Coat and Trouser's. I bought them, coat was £48 , Trouser's were £38. I stay completely dry however much it rain's while following hound's.

If you sweat in Gortex, you have too many clothes on! If you want to stay dry, then Gortex is the way to go!. Lot's of different coat maker's use the gortex waterproof membrane and coat quality differ's, but the gortex is still waterproof. If you don't mind Army Camo pattern, find an ex army shop and ask for a Dutch Camo Gortex Coat and Trouser's. I bought them, coat was £48 , Trouser's were £38. I stay completely dry however much it rain's while following hound's.

Goretex is waterproof but not brilliant if your walking long distances,you will sweat.Its a bit different riding around following hounds in the rain and walking the hills with a rucksac on.

You will feel sweaty if your too hot and sweating more than can evaporate through the gortex membrane, which means you have TOO MANY clothes on

But in the Winter where we work you need some layers on.When your walking you sweat then when your in one spot for a good while your sweat starts to freeze.Not a pleasent feeling.

Goretex is outstanding in the right circumstances.

If you need to wear ya waterproofs in winter, then wear minimum layers. (typically at least a base layer and something to soak up the sweat). Once you stop walking, then get that extra layer on before your sweat freezes(nothin worse...bbbbbrrrrrrrrr). Like someone has already tried to point out, if your sweating too much in goretex, then your wearing too many layers.

• Like 1