#16 ChrisJones

ChrisJones

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 03:31 pm

11ft/lbs is enough. nuff said

I totally agree but the pellet won't be doing 11ft/lbs, at 40yards, unless you're shooting FAC. ;)

#17 Guest_jrt_*

Guest_jrt_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2007 - 07:36 pm

11ft/lbs is enough. nuff said

I totally agree but the pellet won't be doing 11ft/lbs, at 40yards, unless you're shooting FAC. http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub...

right you are mate.
atb chris.
JrT

#18 LDR

LDR

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:55 pm

f**k me chris....80ft/lb....that must be killing the pellets....i'd go for a bullet gun if i needed that much power!!!!

#19 ChrisJones

ChrisJones

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 04:48 am

Daisung pellets. Specially for the job. ;)

#20 Hob&Jill

Hob&Jill

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 10:29 am

I would love to see a .25 FAC, you ever seen any Chris?

#21 jultaylor1972

jultaylor1972

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 11:20 am

:icon_eek: Wow!! There seems to be a lot to choose from. Thanks for all the advice from everyone :victory: I've been looking at a BSA Ultra and it looks like I'll have to get saving cos its £250 but it looks ok.

#22 Yokel Matt

Yokel Matt

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 11:47 am

Personally i wouldn't bother with that ratcher crap or any 'value hunting' package sold in the backs of magazines. Most of it is cheap chinese rubbish with bad triggers, seals, springs, sights etc.

Personally i'd have a look at a reliable springer model... your should be able to pick up one for that money all be it in a 'well used' second hand condition (Weirarch, Air Arms, Theoban, webley, BSA) . Replacing the seal or a spring is a small cost and i bet it will out last a new chinese peice of shit! :D

#23 Stabs

Stabs

• 5,557 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 01:12 pm

About 5 months ago I flogged a perfectly good TX200HC for £150 and gave away perfect HW95, HW97K and a lovely old Airsporter....there are still daft fuckers like me out there willing to part with a bargain. As for those other ones...I'd rather throw rocks

#24 Gin

Gin

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 07:37 am

If you do buy a second hand one jt , i will get it chronographed properly and if need be adjusted to the legal 12ft/lb. My mates a gun-smith.
I think the BSA Supersport would be a good gun for you.

#25 ChrisJones

ChrisJones

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 08:54 am

I would love to see a .25 FAC, you ever seen any Chris?

Yeah FAC's and .25 calibre go very well together. BSA Lightning was available in .25 cal and we used to use them for close range ratting. You need FAC to get the best out of a .25 pellet but the 80ft/lbs Rapid was .25 and it was f*****g awesome.

Personally i wouldn't bother with that ratcher crap or any 'value hunting' package sold in the backs of magazines. Most of it is cheap chinese rubbish with bad triggers, seals, springs, sights etc.

Personally i'd have a look at a reliable springer model... your should be able to pick up one for that money all be it in a 'well used' second hand condition (Weirarch, Air Arms, Theoban, webley, BSA) . Replacing the seal or a spring is a small cost and i bet it will out last a new chinese peice of shit! http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub...

:clapper: Amen to that!

About 5 months ago I flogged a perfectly good TX200HC for £150 and gave away perfect HW95, HW97K and a lovely old Airsporter....there are still daft fuckers like me out there willing to part with a bargain. As for those other ones...I'd rather throw rocks

Yep! People read the airgun mags and believe all the hype about these "FULL POWER" Chinese rifles. They're made by Chinese convicts y'know! :D

Get a quality springer and you won't look back.

I'd have paid Stabs for his quality rifles but my circumstances won't allow it at the moment! :D

#26 Yokel Matt

Yokel Matt

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 09:59 am

Too right... 'FULL POWER' my arse... when you can see the 'rainbow trajectory' of the pellet at a tin can 15 yards away :blink: When the barrel rattles in the seating rattles and the stock is like an ikea chair leg. :laugh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users