i know i keep putting photos of him up, but here is my stag again and i think it shows him off better and i thought i might as well put them up seen as i uploaded them to the comp to put on another forum..... sorry if your bored of him :icon_redface::D he is as strong as anything and i like how broad he is but still in proportion, and can still move ;)

uff.jpg

uff2.jpguff1.jpg:thumbs:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As I do not want any misunderstanding, I will add this. I am not against show breeders. Believe me. I just like honest and decent people. And it is not honest for people who keep Ko shamo and have dab

With all due respect you fully know what I mean by being honest Tuzo - have you been reading your Poultry Club of Great Britain standards book again? I don't think that imposing a single physical stan

ill take that as a compliment used to be a shit hole before i was banned from having birds wandering round

He looks in really good condition and a fairly substantial lump , possibly a bit short in the shank and he carries a Malay comb but put to the right hen he may produce the goods IMHO

Edited by wombbat

He looks in really good condition and a fairly substantial lump , possibly a bit short in the shank and he carries a Malay comb but put to the right hen he may produce the goods IMHO

Some asil do come walnut combed. I too would ike to see a bit more lift.

as he is basically a crossbred anyway i dont rally think tat his shanks could be too short as they dont have anything to conform to IMO but i can sse what your saying looking at the pictures :thumbs: and there is no malay in the parents, and if you can, it hasnt come out in this bird :whistling::victory:

what i mean is yes, i can see looking back that he does look a bit short in the shank, but as a crossbreed i dont really mind. but if he was a purebreed i would think there was definetly, and i certainly wouldnt class him as an asil, as his grandad was a brazilian, which to me are breeds lumped together, and come in all shapes and sizes and arnt bred to a standard like some asil are, even by cockers. so anything that is in the brazilian has come out in this bird, i think shamo by his height and asil by his comb

as he is basically a crossbred anyway i dont rally think tat his shanks could be too short as they dont have anything to conform to IMO but i can sse what your saying looking at the pictures :thumbs: and there is no malay in the parents, and if you can, it hasnt come out in this bird :whistling::victory:

Crossbreed or not he is a gamebird and should give the impression he can do a task, from the picture he looks a little short in the leg which makes him top heavy.

Crossbreed or not he is a gamebird and should give the impression he can do a task, from the picture he looks a little short in the leg which makes him top heavy.

fair do's Tuzo, im not saying anyone is wrong, but i can see what your saying. i like him though :cray:;):victory:

what i mean is yes, i can see looking back that he does look a bit short in the shank, but as a crossbreed i dont really mind. but if he was a purebreed i would think there was definetly, and i certainly wouldnt class him as an asil, as his grandad was a brazilian, which to me are breeds lumped together, and come in all shapes and sizes and arnt bred to a standard like some asil are, even by cockers. so anything that is in the brazilian has come out in this bird, i think shamo by his height and asil by his comb

i dont want to be seen as making excuses for him Wombat, as i can see your point and you are right, but to me he is a good bird, i dont want to be seen as not taking constructive criticism, as everyone has an opinion :thumbs:

i dont want to be seen as making excuses for him Wombat, as i can see your point and you are right, but to me he is a good bird, i dont want to be seen as not taking constructive criticism, as everyone has an opinion :thumbs:

No one has the perfect bird some people have the best they've ever owned and most birds have faults mine as much as anyone but the main thing IMO is you have to like what you keep that to me is first and formost , i meant no offence in what i said merely passing comment and at the end of the day a good bird cant be a bad colour or a bad shape