Not really on the topic of living off the land, so sorry for that but does anyone eat tripe?

My wife got some from the super market 'for the dogs' as it was on an offer but figured it was worth a try as clearly intended for human consumption, I tried to fry it off but even after a decent amount of time it was still almost the same consistency (like a mix between squid and paper mache)

What is it supposed to look like and how do you cook it normally?

It still tasted OK but probably not something am going to be rushing out to get again as the consistency was fairly minging.

cheers for looking

tripe his lovely just sprinkle vinegar on eat has it comes also hodge very tasty , atb bunnys.

cheers mate, how should it be cooked?

mi dad used to poach it in milk with sliced onion,plenty salt and pepper and a knob o butter, it was good at the time,ive not had it for 25 yrs :thumbs:

tripe his lovely just sprinkle vinegar on eat has it comes also hodge very tasty , atb bunnys.

cheers mate, how should it be cooked?

mi dad used to poach it in milk with sliced onion,plenty salt and pepper and a knob o butter, it was good at the time,ive not had it for 25 yrs :thumbs:

I remember eating it as a kid and loved it.

But when i cooked this it looked nothing like i remember it, still tasted OK once i got my head round the consistency of it but i remembered it being more chewy

Never cooked it

Just ate it cold with vinegar and pepper

Nice with a few chips and processed peas.

by cold do you mean raw?

thats how i eat it now mate, just cut into bite size pieces put in a bowl and a good amount of vinegar and salt and pepper and leave in the fridge,and everytime i go to the fridge for milk for mi brew i find myself eating a couple o pieces,it never lasts long mate :thumbs:

alot of it did end up in the dogs tbh.

I just remembered it being really nice when I tried it as a kid, it was obviously not the green tripe that you feed to the dogs as well it was white a meant for human consumption (and didnt stink)

why would it even enter anyones head to attempt to eat the dirty feckin stuff :bad: :bad: :bad: its for dogs, same as pigs trotters!

I remember it being nice as a kid.

It tasted nice when i tried it the other day, if i got the consistency better so it was right it would be a good way of getting a decent feed for not much money