daihatsu fourtrak ????

Guest ragumup

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

find a virgin unmolesterd fourtrak fella nothing compares to them in this day and age

about 6 of my mates use fourtraks very good bus. my mate has had 3 shoguns and all 3 engines blew up. ive been in both off road and the fourtrak is by fare the better motor off road and thats proper o

Why... Cause you look like a wee boy and canny keep a woman...? Oooooooooohhhhhh.... Just lapped ye there buddy.... Tortoise and the Hare stuff here....... Lol

Im not talking driving across a field here mate. Iv had both, and used both for lamping, towing, farm use etc. But iv also taken them to off road courses and used them properly. And im afraid the pajero is better. Fourtrak is an excellent work horse dont get me wrong, iv got one with no roof that is a dedicated lamping vehicle. But the ground clearance isnt enough and leaf springs are rubbish for proper offroading.

I loved my Fourtrak but it suffered with a couple of things - the biggest problem was that it was just a bit too small for all the kit. Lack of weight in the back end sometimes meant you could'nt get the power down like you can in a lwb or heavier truck. Oh and thirsty as hell on road

Im not talking driving across a field here mate. Iv had both, and used both for lamping, towing, farm use etc. But iv also taken them to off road courses and used them properly. And im afraid the pajero is better. Fourtrak is an excellent work horse dont get me wrong, iv got one with no roof that is a dedicated lamping vehicle. But the ground clearance isnt enough and leaf springs are rubbish for proper offroading.

opinions vary and them shoguns blow up for fun and by the way the diff locks in the landcruiser are good mitsubishi are poor

Everyones entitled to their own oppions. Im a big lover of fourtraks, and would have bought my 3rd if i could have found a good one. But went for a pajero instead and so far iv found it much better round the offroad courses.

Oh and a paj doesnt rot out so much as a fourtrak ;)

But granted i do agree the daihatsu lump might be a more reliable engine. Except on one of mine the gasket went and cracked the head. So swings and round abouts really :thumbs:

get a 200/300 tdi defender...cant beat them off road,loads of low down grunt and if...when something goes wrong parts are plenty and dirt cheap.

iv had pajeros,hiluxes,vitaras,discovery,sjs and you cant beat a decent landy

the sjs are the daddy of the late 80s early 90s ,a kid has one near me it would go placces a landrover wouldnt dream of ,the landy are cheap for parts granted .i wanna jack my forester up ive seen some on youtube they look beasts

get a 200/300 tdi defender...cant beat them off road,loads of low down grunt and if...when something goes wrong parts are plenty and dirt cheap.

the sjs are the daddy of the late 80s early 90s ,a kid has one near me it would go placces a landrover wouldnt dream of ,the landy are cheap for parts granted .i wanna jack my forester up ive seen some on youtube they look beasts

iv had 2 sjs myself and friends also had them and they are incredible little machines,however there are things that aint so great eg towing,fuel (they are juicy) and rusting away.

dont get me wrong i love them but like shoguns,fourtraks ect ect how many ealy ones (80s) do you see now?.....

not many but look how many landies of similar age do you see? hundreds.that speaks for itself

iv had 2 sjs myself and friends also had them and they are incredible little machines,however there are things that aint so great eg towing,fuel (they are juicy) and rusting away.

dont get me wrong i love them but like shoguns,fourtraks ect ect how many ealy ones (80s) do you see now?.....

not many but look how many landies of similar age do you see? hundreds.that speaks for itself

i beg to differ as most of the old landrovers as you say all have history if you get me ,there like old vespas and lambrettas ,ripped apart restored ,rebuilt etc so not many originals

i beg to differ as most of the old landrovers as you say all have history if you get me ,there like old vespas and lambrettas ,ripped apart restored ,rebuilt etc so not many originals

i see your point.however they are still around and the others aint....