my kit boxes are roughly 4 foot sqaure with 3 rail perches and wire floors and i keep around 20-25 birds in each and eventually after removing the crap and adding the good un's i should have a good kit of exactly 20 birds ;)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CHEERS LUCKY ,

THAT SEEMS THE NORM FOR THE KIT BOXES ....I SEE YOU PREFER THE RAIL PERCHES OVER THE BOX OR V PERCHES .... ANY PARTICULAR REASON ?

I THINK THE HARDWOOD / PLASTIC COVERED METAL FLOOR GRILLS ARE THE WAY TO GO .... BEEN TALKING TO A COUPLE OF TOP CLASS RACING MEN AND THEY ARE BOTH USING GRILLS ESPECIALLY IN THE BREEDING BOXES .

BY THE WAY LUCKY ..... TWO NICE KITS THERE MATE ;)

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING :big_boss:

Lucky a question mate, your the expert! :D

Wouldn't mind having a few rollers about the place, only keep O.E.G bantams at the moment, but do the rollers just stay in them kit boxes all year round? and i take it theres sufficient ventilation getting through in that Mesh gap above the door?

My bantam coops wouldn't be far off that, just on a smaller scale, but they've got a big run and then locked up at night.

Would them birds be allowed out to fly once a day or more often than that?

Cheers,

will you lot just stop talking about pigeons. i thought i had got them out of my system..now i am thinking well one or two pairs wont hurt will it?stopped racing when i moved house about 4 yrs ago and i still look up into the sky on a saturday afternoon watching the batches going through.god i loved it but so time consuming it takes over your life. i raced about 12 widowhood cocks in the altrincham fed and lancs combine...ahhh sat in a chair all afternoon looking at the sky for hours on end waiting for the channel racers to come in<or not till next day in my case :D >it taught me a lot about bloodlines..people come to you and say that a bird they found under the railway arches would beat racers home<my a***e>like putting a donkey in the grand national..good luck with anyone starting with the rollers but beware THEY ARE ADDICTIVE :D:D:D

WELL TINY " T " ,

THE TROUBLE IS IAM SURROUNDED BY PIGEON MEN !! , I CANT EVEN GET AWAY FROM IT AT WORK ..... "OH YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN THEM COME IN ON SATURDAY MATE ... FIRST AND SECOND CLUB , THIRD FED !!! "..... " WHILE YOUR ON KNOCK ME UP A COUPLE OF SLIDING DOORS.. ETC " :no: TO BE HONEST IVE GOT NO CHANCE , !!! THERES HALF A DOZEN AT ME ALL THE TIME PLUS OTHERS PHONING ME WHEN IAM AT HOME :blink:

I HAVENT GOT THE TIME FOR RUNNING PIGEONS DOWN THE ROAD FOR A TRAINING TOSS ... BUT THE ROLLER JOB SHOULD BE JUST THE TICKET [ ALL DONE FROM HOME ] ...AS I LOVE A BIT OF COMPETION ... BUT THE FULL ON LIFE STYLE THAT IS RACING WOULD MEAN SOMETHING ELSE WOULD HAVE TO GIVE . HOWEVER I DO BELIVE RACING IS ONE OF THE BEST PAST TIMES A MAN :icon_eek: ...OR WOMAN COULD HAVE !..... WHAT OTHER SPORT COULD A WORKING MAN .... BREED .... TRAIN ... CONDITION ... & ... COMPETE IN ?

I KEPT ROLLERS AS A KID ....WELL LET ME PUT IT ANOTHER WAY .... I WAS CHEIF LACCIE ...I GOT ROPPED IN WHEN PA WAS WORKING AWAY ON THE OPEN CASTS .....AND YEP THEY ARE ADDICTIVE !!! :D

GO ON " TINY T " YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO ..... WHAT WOULD IT HURT ? JUST A NICE LITTLE NEAT SET UP .... :good:

ALL THE BEST DUCKWING :big_boss:

Des i keep them in there all year round and fly the young birds out twice a day until they have pefected the roll and are working as a team.with old birds its better to fly them once every 2-3 days as they perform a lot better ;)

• 2 weeks later...

WELL LADS ,

WENT OVER TO SMOGGIELAND ....MET SOME GOOD LADS :friends: AND SEEN SOME GOOD KITS FLY .....IMPRESSIVE .... ONE THAT WAS IN THE WORLD CUP FLY , JUST FLEW A LITTLE HIGH FOR ME ....BUT ..... ENJOYED IT ALL THE SAME ;)

GOT A LOT OF TIPS / INFORMATION :D

GOING BACK OVER SHORTLY ... RESEARCHING .... BOTH LOFT / KIT BOX DESIGNS ....AND FOR ORDERING STOCK :D

ALL THE BEST

just let me know when you get sorted mate and i'll sort you a couple of good producing pairs out for free ;)

i'll be flying in the young bird at the back end of august so i'll let you know how i get on :)

try this site, http://nbra.co.uk/ theres some usefull info and numbers on there ;)

just let me know when you get sorted mate and i'll sort you a couple of good producing pairs out for free  ;)

i'll be flying in the young bird at the back end of august so i'll let you know how i get on :)

try this site, http://nbra.co.uk/ theres some usefull info and numbers on there ;)

WELL LUCKY ,

WHAT CAN I SAY ?..... CHEERS MATE ....I WILL TAKE YOU UP ON THAT REALLY KIND OFFER . :friends:

TO BE HONEST MATE ....I HAVE VERY RARELY COME ACROSS A MORE GENEROUS BUNCH OF LADS .... ALL VERY HELPFUL WITH NEW STARTERS ... FANTASTIC !!! :good:

GOOD LUCK WITH THE YOUNG BIRDS IN AUGUST ....I HOPE EVERYTHINGS ALRIGHT FOR YOU IN THE WEATHER DEPARTMENT !

IVE ALREADY BEEN ON THAT SITE OF DEXTERS MATE ITS SPOT ON ....I HAVE BEEN ON THE ROLLER - PIGEON . COM.. MESSAGE BOARD AND ARTICLES AS WELL AS THE NATIONAL BIRMINGHAM ROLLER CLUB BOARD BOTH YANK , BUT VERY INFORMATIVE :D ............ JEEEZ THEM YANKS LOVE THAT PENSOM :D

I WAS OVER AT WANLESSES PLACE THE OTHER DAY.... A REAL GENT WITH THE TIME OF DAY FOR A NOVICE FULL OF DAFT QUESTIONS..... AND AN EXCELLENT FLYER TO BOOT ;)

ALL THE BEST