Trespass,poaching,Sight seeing, ok! ?

hi all there has been a number of posters about this thread...and i fully agree with alot of what has been said...i personaly threatened to shot a bloke who was on the farm land that i work on have done for the last 19 yrs i have sole permission and on occation take others out with me...now to my point i drive a 4X4 every day but not around the fields it does do damage and costs money when the crops can not grow where vehicles have drove BUT WE ARE NOT ALL THE SAME WHO DRIVE A 4x4 SO DONT TAR US ALL WITH THE SAME BRUSH yes you might get people drive theirs across fields but some dont including me.

paul

what exactly was this fella doing for you to threaten him ? you cant be doing that sort of thing.

but i agree with most on this thread , have to respect the land and leave it the way you found it if you do wander.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its sad times [bANNED TEXT] old school poachers are embarrased to be called poachers by the mindless idiots that get called poachers.

Whoa... Steady on old chap... Yes, I agree with your sentiments but you do shoot yourself in the foot so think a bit before you mouth off in writing in public.   The risk of eye damage is from very

Ok, first off for your hill farmer man to recieve £90000 in subsidies, he either has thousands of sheep,thousands of acres or he's pulling your plonker because he knows how much this winds you up. S

Richie open this link http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2004/37/section/3 it should explain why most land owners don't want coursing on their land if it is proved they gave permission they are liable under the hunting act just the same as the lad who sent the dog :thumbs:

Fully aware, rats and rabbits, rats and rabbits....

Would you take the risk if you owned the land though? especially when you have just been cold called and asked by someone you don't know at all, lots of lads get permission through going beating at least that way a rapport is built with the keeper or farmer and then they tend to be more trusting :thumbs:

Shooting people want it all for themselves is the reoccuring theme, labelling people with dogs as thieves and scrotes.

ever thought that if you done a bit of shooting aswell it may just open the door for you to go on with your dogs ?

Shooting people want it all for themselves is the reoccuring theme, labelling people with dogs as thieves and scrotes.

ever thought that if you done a bit of shooting aswell it may just open the door for you to go on with your dogs ?

I do and it does. Not saying I have no permission just saying that, it's hard because the owners of practically all of the land are farmer, they are very unwilling, generally.

If I was looking to rob someone, I wouldn't put my face, my car etc in full view to ask for permission doesn't make sense and if you have someone lamping on your land at night who is allowed to be there, there is more chance it will keep other people from stealing.

sako, the farmer i,m on about does get 90000k a year and these days farmers are not paid on headage,they claim the subsidies thru other ways , taking sheep off the hill , not grazing certain area,s etc,i have spent all my life working for farmers one way or another (exept the last 3 years)so i have experience of farmers and the way some farm, believe me i have seen some pitiful sights

one lad on here says his wife gets £15 per hour for doing a job most of us couldn,t stomache, think back 10 years , foot and mouth , farmers getting £15 per hour to clean up there own shitty farms , the more mess the more time it took and the more money they made , even hiring out thier own gear to themselves and claiming it back

You've got yourself mixed up you are talking about enviromental payments. Farmers still get subsidies based on historic payments but as I said to achieve the amount you are talking about would need a very large farm or large numbers of sheep. This enviromental payment you are on about is supposed to benifit everyone, more birds for birdwatchers, more pretty flowers for walkers and to allow more trees to grow and produce good clean oxygen for everyone to breathe etc. They pay what seems like large payments to cover the loss of keeping less stock. In reality if the farmer was to sell 600 sheep which produce 1000 lambs@ £50 thats £50000 loss PA just due to cutting back the sheep.

As for foot and mouth that caused so many breakdowns for farmers who dedicated their whole lives to improving their flock/herd to the best of their abilty and then to loose it overnight never to be replaced most were suicidal. The REAL farmers wouldn't dream about thinking about the money, their stock comes first! Granted there were lots of farmers jumping on the band wagon getting jobs if they could, and I can understand the desperation of some farmers facing bankrupcy hoping for a way out. That year those prices were on the floor farmers were in desperate need of finacial help and I agree the ones with less morals came out better.

It sounds as if the area you live in holds the riff raff of farmers!

I can't understand how you can struggle to find permission's when you've worked so much with farmers, you should have built up more than enough trust!

not sure or bothered what they are called , they are all still subsidies

at no point have i said i have not or cannot get permission, i work on 21000 acres ,so don,t need permission , i have in the past and still do have permission on tens of thousands of acres, so you have missed my point , i,m on about subsidies not permission, i lknow the origional post was about trespassers etc , but things get angled away don,t they

we are going to have to agree to disagree ,you seem to think i know nothing of farmers and the countryside, i see and know what goes on , i was born and brought up in villages and have worked in the countryside all my life, so you shouldn,t assume anything when you don,t know the whole story

"we are going to have to agree to disagree ,you seem to think i know nothing of farmers and the countryside, i see and know what goes on , i was born and brought up in villages and have worked in the countryside all my life, so you shouldn,t assume anything when you don,t know the whole story"

I did mix you up with another poster about permission but I do agree with your first sentence above and also agree with the last bit which I believe should also be read back at you.

poor comment that....that is a bit like shooting guys saying that all guys with dogs wear tracky bottoms and live on council estates and think they have a legal right to roam where they want .:thumbdown:

poor comment that....that is a bit like shooting guys saying that all guys with dogs wear tracky bottoms and live on council estates and think they have a legal right to roam where they want .:thumbdown:

Had dogs all my life.Never wore tracky bottoms unless i was lying about the house.And yes i do live in a council estates.But i own my house.Some of us play by the rules.You f*****g snob.:censored:

Had dogs all my life.Never wore tracky bottoms unless i was lying about the house.And yes i do live in a council estates.But i own my house.Some of us play by the rules.You f*****g snob.:censored:

....read my post properly ..... I am not saying that is what I think :wallbash: hence the :thumbdown: at the end of my sentence. The vast majority play by the rules on both sides that is why I said that is a poor comment to make :thumbs:

think you just hit the nail on the head, dont tar shooters with the same brush

How can I? I'm a shooter as well.

There are more shooting people looking down their noses at people with dogs and believe they all live in council houses and on benefits, mostly because they have never experienced working dogs or have a country sports background.

The gap will widen with the proposal to increase the fees on licence applications and renews.

Edited by Richie10

This thread has gone on for quite a while and brought out the best and worst in people.

It has nothing to do with wealth or class.

It does not matter where you live, what you drive or what you wear.

It is about attitude.

I know poor working class people and wealthy working class people, some are wonderful and some are right nasty scrounging bas''rds (rich are worse).

Exactly the same can be said for the middle classes (I don't know any landed gentry) who can be snooty and stuck up "the new rich" or as helpful and down to earth as anyone else.

Accents don't help either. Jolly posh old chap can be off putting as can some of the illiterate crap spouted by others.

Look behind the superficial top layer and check out the soul of the person underneath, telephone accents can hide a heart of gold and your "friend" might stab you in the back.

To read catcher1 describe dave 1372 as a fu##ng snob is bang out of order and shows catcher1 to be an ignorant twat who did not even read the post correctly, maybe an apology is in order.

Of course, I am not calling catcher1 an ignorant twat, I have never met him (or her), but that is how catcher1 has come across in this instance (smile).

So lighten up a bit.

I hate people who drive around in flash open top sports cars, smug gits, they just want to flash their wealth and leave the roof off so they can be seen, I hate them all aaarrgghh.

Oh dear, I had my fourth mid life crisis a few weeks ago and borrowed the money to buy an old but shiny BMW Z3. Whizzed down the motorway with the roof off blasted by cold air and had a huge smile on my face - I felt like an ageing pop star - my kids said a looked like a complete pratt - they are absolutely right - but it felt great.

Edited by dadioles