• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get that fecking photo off before all the other muppets want to do the same: tradition and law says don't do it, but to come on here bragging about it: FFS :censored: :censored:

Hang about this is in his country not ours so what gives you the right to judge him :hmm: Last time I checked the hun can do what they like within their own borders :thumbs:

Edited by mushroom

Isn't it weird how any brit has an absolute coniption if anyone talks about shooting a swan, and yet geese and other birds have no such stigma attached. What an excellent example of social conditioning!

I've never really thought about shooting swans, but does the .308 not do a fair bit of damage to the meat? Or is it not customary to eat them?

I know that a group of Poles in the UK were arrested and inmprisoned for shooting swans with a legal limit air rifle, so I guess that is an effective method of killing them, though I wouldn't tackle prey of that size with a 12 ft.lb air rifle. I would instinctively reach for the shotgun for a bird, but again maybe that's just the way I was brung up.

November, do you eat them, or is it just pest control? What sort of range would you shoot them at?