walking/digging boot

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i swear by the good old laced to toes fell boots..ive had the same pair over 20 years..had them resoled twice and they are still going strong..you really feel like your going somewhere special when you have them on. :thumbs:

Steves right, a pair of fell boots will last you near 20 years depending on how much hunting you do and will work out the cheapest pair of boots you'll ever buy. Also you can bury the head of a shovel easily without haveing sore feet the next day, LOL.

Ive had the same set of Lowa boots for about 5 years. There good BUT i wouldnt get a set again. In my opinion Altberg are hard to beat + there a good old British company.

mate have to agree, when i was in army i had a pair a custom fitted boots made by altberg an they as ye say were excellent :thumbs:

but the lowa's come a close 2nd for me :thumbs:

Meindls.

IMO the best on the market.

I wouldnt go near le chameau if I were you. They are adequate if they are not doing much, But I have been out 2 weeks in a new job and there in pieces already (walking 8 hours a day through rank heather and forestry/clearfell).

My meindls on the other hand are spot on. :victory:

Lowas are supposed to be good, as are black islanders (buth the coating wears if going through heather).

Hope this helps.