GOD HELP US

Guest LEARNER

NO CHRIS I,M NOT SCARED, ITS JUST THAT STICKERS WERE BEING PUT UP, FOR THE LAST 8YEARS.

You're right but if you think smashing places up is going to bring back legal hunting then you're mistaken. If you fancy smashing stuff up for the hell of it then that's up to you. We're banned. We move on, no sense whining about it. The only way we can change the law is through the courts because there ain't enough of us to pull a referendum.

We either keep in the media and in the face of our opponents or we roll over and die... I'll be f***ed if I'm lying down for any c***!

Lads as much as it pains me to say it, the game for us will never be the same...Fcuk LABOUR...Fcuk CONSERVATIVE...Fcuk em ALL cos none of them give a toss about the likes of us......Y.I.S.....am byth.............CARREG

f****n ell lads any more of this We're Doomed shit and I'm going to go and feckin top meself.

Carreg. These feckers only listen to money. The only way they do care is if you gave them money, or your opponents gave them money. Which they did. Which is why we're here in the first place.

I must've been looking at the telly from another planet because I saw Tony lose 100 seats. Nearly two thirds of his massive majority. That's a severe feckin reprimand and you can tell how bad it was because the c*** wasn't smiling.

I saw loads of rural lads and lasses f**k off their Labour MP's. I saw alot of ground being clawed back... so much so I slept better than I have in ages because this Blair fella now has the lowest majority on record. He simply doesn't have the majority to turn the screws any tighter.

Now we can either use this development on the battlefield to our advantage by trying to promote our cause and start working now on getting them out in 2009 or we just bury our heads in the sand and say it's all over when it couldn't be any further from the truth.

If you think that the politicians are f****d then you have to start doing something about it. They make the laws and if you ignore them there ain't much else you can do.

Guest simonw

times are and have changed, it is a case of adapt to survive or simply fade away.

this post has brought home many bottled up emotions but, with politics ruling our way of life, the days of simply going out doing your stuff are over, each and every one of us need to know whats what and whats not, keep pluigging away, drip, drip, drip nd at least a foundation will be made to base a case with.

hunting as you knew it has gone, a very slim chance in the courts but by then a new election will have been and gone, you have to play your opponent with a simple weapon that should have been used ten years ago, the truth.

even if the blues did get in, hunting would be liucensed, coursing still banned, what would change, not a lot except for the few fell packs, imo, but what it has done is tell us what a wonderful thing hindsight is :big_boss:

..."Tony has gotten a serious reprimand for his shenanigans and he'll leave it a while before he tries again..."

Havent taken him long to start up has it, he's already dragged the blind bloke in out of the cold...Now lets look at the whole hunt ban/bill issue seriously, do any of you honestly think the Conservatives give a flying fcuk for any of our type who work dogs, IF there is ever another bill introduced to re-introduce hunting it'll be licensed to fcuk and back to make sure the likes of us dont get to do what we have done all our lives, the Tories dont give a shit about you an me, they just wanna see their rich mates back poncing about on horseback, go and have a look on some of the PRO hunt forums, even some of the fcuking pros think we are lowlife scumbags...Lads as much as it pains me to say it, the game for us will never be the same...Fcuk LABOUR...Fcuk CONSERVATIVE...Fcuk em ALL cos none of them give a toss about the likes of us......Y.I.S.....am byth.............CARREG

wise words carreg,.when the ban was passed i knew it would never come back.foxhunting maybe but for the likes of me and a lot of people on the site what we do was banned and i believed would stay banned.i,ve had a lurcher since i was 14 and was 40 last week. one day i can hunt with my dog the next i cant,there was more pressing matters in the country than hunting but what is done is done and there is no going back.they will never bring back dog work as we know it.your right the mounted people think we are scum and they will never back us.as far as they were concerned we were there at the marches etc just to make the numbers up.

Guest LEARNER

WELL AS LEAST WE KNOW WERE WE STAND ,AND WHAT EVER OUR MOODS AND SWINGS, I,M GLAD I,M IN THE COMPANY OF LURCHER AND TERRIER PEOPLE, IF WE AGREE OR DISAGREE, I WILL NEVER REGRET MY WAY OFF LIFE ,AND AS FOR ME, I,M STILL CARRYING ON THE WAY I,VE ALWAYS DONE ,ONLY I KEEP MY EYE,S OPEN EVEN MORE, TIM I CAN SEE HOW HARD IT AS HIT YOU, BUT I,VE BEEN DOING THIS IN YOUR LIFE TIME AND A BIT MORE, IF THE ANTIS KNEW WHAT I WAS UP TO THE OTHER DAY ,THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN DOING SOMERSAULTS IN THIER SLEEP, NOW THAT IS REALY GIVING ME A KICK.

Guest simonw

the one thing you must never do is let that feeling of pride and passion be taken away from you as if you have no pride, have no passion, how are you going to go out and do your stuff.

that is why each and every one will agree, disagree and more importantly agree to disagree because if we were all the same, well, life would be boring.

what these forums give the people on them is free speach, something the magasines and papers have taken away from us, imo, of course :big_boss:

WELL AS LEAST WE KNOW WERE WE STAND ,AND WHAT EVER OUR MOODS AND SWINGS, I,M GLAD I,M IN THE COMPANY OF LURCHER AND TERRIER PEOPLE, IF WE AGREE OR DISAGREE, I WILL NEVER REGRET MY WAY OFF LIFE ,AND AS FOR ME, I,M STILL CARRYING ON THE WAY I,VE ALWAYS DONE ,ONLY  I KEEP MY EYE,S OPEN EVEN MORE, TIM I CAN SEE HOW HARD IT AS HIT YOU, BUT I,VE BEEN DOING THIS IN YOUR LIFE TIME AND A BIT MORE, IF THE ANTIS KNEW WHAT I WAS UP TO THE OTHER DAY ,THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN DOING SOMERSAULTS IN THIER SLEEP, NOW THAT IS REALY GIVING ME A KICK.

That's exactly it. The antis haven't stopped you have they? Or me or anyone else. We're carrying on but we've been pushed underground. How's that for an improvement in your fieldcraft, eh? All that sneaking around! :D

The only way it isn't going to stay underground is by a law change and to do that we need to change the attitudes of most and start promoting the plus sides of fieldsports. If we shut up shop and don't bring the kids on the way we do the dogs then the old ways will die with us and it's all for nothing. More people picking up dog work means more of a voice. Soldiers recruited for the battle. Get the youngsters away from their Playstations and into the fields with the ferrets and the nets.

I'm no expert on anything, never claimed to be, but if we don't adapt to this change and fight back then it's all over. Whether it ever get's repealed or returned in any form is debatable but if we sit still and do nothing except moan about it then our future lies with the Alliance and I'm not very happy with that. Love them or hate them they're the big player fighting what's left of our cause so if we don't start to represent lurcher and terrier folk in a constructive way then there will be no chance of a return or a repeal and fieldsports die with us.

You're right though. We do know where we stand and it's much brighter since Thursday.

YIS

there is , however, a thin silver lining to this dismal, black cloud and thats that no longer will lurchers be bred for money, perhaps npow the dog dealers, puppy farmers and rest of the messers wil be out of business for good....i know for a fact that the vast majority will carry on, but its the coursing lads i really feel for, they are the ones that are going to feel the pinch the most...good huntigng guys :yes:

i think j darcy's got it spot on. coursing lads will be hit hardest as they are easily spotted in middle of big feilds. Everybody knows what there up to unfortunatly. other lurcher lads who keep them selfs to them selfs will countiue the way they always have, same for terrier lads looking as honest as they can and making sure theres a rabbit or to in the bag just in case ;) . only the hardcore will stay at it,most who arn't have givin up and sold up already. And for the breeding, it will not be about money no more but lurchers will still be breed for what they do best and that is hunting. so.... long live the working lurcher :diablo: