33 replies to this topic

#1 pontypool

pontypool

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 05:33 pm

Whats the best diesel small 4x4 for the narrow lanes and hills of Cornwall e.g.fiat, suzuki

#2 bert69

bert69

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 12:21 pm

Got to be suzuki jimny, they go anywhere but i don't think they do a diesel, alternatively get a daihatsu fourtrak, superb machines and pull like a train.

#3 pullmeout

pullmeout

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 05:08 pm

Got to be suzuki jimny, they go anywhere but i don't think they do a diesel, alternatively get a daihatsu fourtrak, superb machines and pull like a train.

suzuki jimny -dont be silly yes maybe a fourtrack but personally i would find a subaru justy i no not diesel but very economical in my opinion and go anywhere you point them,other than that i drove a terrano 2,7tdi t reg intercooler model it went like f#ck

#4 bert69

bert69

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 03:48 pm

suzuki jimny's are brilliant, very small but superb little machines for the money, it all depends on exactly what you want to do with it

#5 bull101

bull101

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 04:30 pm

suzuki jimny -dont be silly yes maybe a fourtrack but personally i would find a subaru justy i no not diesel but very economical in my opinion and go anywhere you point them,other than that i drove a terrano 2,7tdi t reg intercooler model it went like f#ck

suzuki jimny better off road than a subaru justy, surely??

#6 bert69

bert69

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 05:18 pm

they are by a long stretch, the bloke before was talking rubbish

#7 pullmeout

pullmeout

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 05:47 pm

they are by a long stretch, the bloke before was talking rubbish

i dont think i was pal ,them justys are mint for what he wants hills and lanes and there a cheap little thing that are cheap to run and on parts if out goes wrong ,

#8 bert69

bert69

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 05:58 pm

justy's are pukka but ground clearance lets them down, i just really like the jimny's for the money,

#9 pontypool

pontypool

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:03 pm

Is the justy a 4X4 ? Where i live the roads are steep and very narrow only 6ft 6in wide

#10 mynirvana

mynirvana

Born Hunter

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 07:11 pm

Suzuki vitara easy, they do a commercial one with a 1.9TD engine, the same engine as a peugeot 306. Plenty of grunt, cheap to run, will go absolutely anywhere with some decent tyres. i've got a petrol one with 2" lift and mud-terrains, will piss all over most things offroad. Parts are also easy to come by if needed

#11 Steve McHardy

Steve McHardy

Mega Hunter

• Donator
  • 328 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 10:39 pm

Suzuki vitara easy, they do a commercial one with a 1.9TD engine, the same engine as a peugeot 306. Plenty of grunt, cheap to run, will go absolutely anywhere with some decent tyres. i've got a petrol one with 2" lift and mud-terrains, will piss all over most things offroad. Parts are also easy to come by if needed

the vitara 1.9td are like rockin horse shit no one sells them the 2.0 tds are good ive had numerous 1.6 petrols and they are great off road ive whooped many a landy without even engagin 4low. another wee petrol is the sportrack go much bigger than the vitsras and mpg drops big time.

#12 Little Butch

Little Butch

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 01:27 am

I didn't know they done a Diesel Vit, are they 5 Door?
Butch

#13 wuzzy

wuzzy

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 812 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 02:17 pm

if you pick up a knacked vit with a petrol lump there is a converion for a pug or vw diesel lump :thumbs:

#14 Little Butch

Little Butch

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 03:32 pm

1.9 tdi Pug lump?
Butch

#15 samearl14

samearl14

Mega Hunter

• Donator
  • 399 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 05:37 pm

the vitara 1.9td are like rockin horse shit no one sells them the 2.0 tds are good ive had numerous 1.6 petrols and they are great off road ive whooped many a landy without even engagin 4low. another wee petrol is the sportrack go much bigger than the vitsras and mpg drops big time.

whooped many landys without engaging 4wd? Do you mean on the road? :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users