Webley Vulcan MKII

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

spent some time Reviving one of my old Guns and was surprised how accurate the poor old thing is. started off stripping and polishing the cylinder out, the spring and the PTFE Piston washer seemed ok

Posted Images

spent some time Reviving one of my old Guns and was surprised how accurate the poor old thing is. started off stripping and polishing the cylinder out, the spring and the PTFE Piston washer seemed ok but the breach seal was knackered, thankfully I finaly fitted a new one few days ago!! got myself a tin of Eley Wasp 5.5's and then spent some time getting the old gun zeroed, I was surprsed how consistent its been placing shot after shot well in the zone.....

Finally stood in the strip of woods at the back of the house yesterday evening and dropped one pigeon nicely through the cranium :boogie: and removed the wings off it for one of the birds to pull at, tonight I stood virtually in the same spot and one came in and landed just off the edge of the Ivy, thankfully I could just make his head out while he was facing me and Bingo!! another one shot just under the throat and though the top of his head :big_boss:.....

To say the least I'm enjoying myself with this little gun even though its in .22 :icon_eek:, It will certainly give me some sport until the flagship arrives hopefully some time soon :D......

Jasp

Nice one mate.had one many years ago.One of the best of its time .atb. Catcher :thumbs:

Very nice shooting (and account) Jasper, even if it was in the 'gay' calibre :black eye:

here's my HW80 in the number one bore, you wouldn't want to get in the way of the 'little faggoty pellet' :clapper:;)

riflehw85k2.jpg

riflehw85k1.jpg

s'more 'baby' cal guns of mine :D

riflehuntsmans2.jpg

riflehuntsmant2.jpg

rifleoriginal45withinserts.jpg

rifleoriginalmod501a.jpg

all are 177cal, and they drop vermin with no difficulty al all ;)

john :)

Nice guns mate, even if they are in poncy target shooting calibre & not the proper hunting one... :clapper::laugh::thumbs:

I'm with you on this one Malt!

Everyone knows. Size does matter! Ask any woman. a good big 'un will always beat a good little 'un!

Rgds

Swampy

Length?........................More than ample

Very nice shooting (and account) Jasper, even if it was in the 'gay' calibre :black eye:

here's my HW80 in the number one bore, you wouldn't want to get in the way of the 'little faggoty pellet' :clapper:;)

cracking set of guns you have there John! the HW80 does it for me mate :notworthy:. Is it the MK1? the 80's packs a fair punch way above most rifles :thumbs:.

couldn't repeat yesterday and the day before's shooting! stood in the woods and took one shot at a squirrel and missed him totaly, also did the same with 2 more pigeon all good clean misses :icon_redface:, must have got out of the wrong side of the bed mate but I recon its them horrible big fat .22 things playing up :laugh: ...

I'll be out again in a few minutes until Dark to see if I can make up for my shooting circus earlier....

Jasper

Nice guns mate, even if they are in poncy target shooting calibre & not the proper hunting one... :clapper::laugh::thumbs:

Everyone knows. Size does matter! Ask any woman. a good big 'un will always beat a good little 'un!

Rgds

Swampy

:clapper::clapper: you're right pal size does matter where woman are concerened. the poor wifes had to do with a good little un for years now swampy! probably why she looks so pissed off most of the time :D.....

Jasp

Rgds

Swampy

:clapper::clapper: you're right pal size does matter where woman are concerened. the poor wifes had to do with a good little un for years now swampy! probably why she looks so pissed off most of the time :D.....

Jasp

At least now you only have to worry when she's smiling!

rgds

Swampy

Paranoid ning

don't get me wrong men I don't mind the .22's but they are a bit Gay compared to the .177's ;):D ....

Jasp

:blink: .22's a bit gay? :laugh: The male brain is better at mathematical calculations, spatial awareness, etc, have you ever wondered why a woman can't reverse a car? She hasn't got a male brain that's why.

..which brings me nicely along to the .177, a round so flat that it doesn't need the complexities of male brain to work out where the pellet is going to land, just point it in the same place every time, pull the trigger and a little faggoty pellet flies straight and true with that much speed it often passes through the target, doesn't impart enough energy and allows the target to fly off/run away! :whistling:

.22 = proper real man's calibre. :yes:

.177 = womans/gay's calibre. :yes:

:clapper::clapper: That solves the calibre debate for me Malts :notworthy: the only .17 i want in my cabinet is a HMR next spring :gunsmilie:

cracking set of guns you have there John! the HW80 does it for me mate :notworthy:. Is it the MK1? the 80's packs a fair punch way above most rifles :thumbs:.

couldn't repeat yesterday and the day before's shooting! stood in the woods and took one shot at a squirrel and missed him totaly, also did the same with 2 more pigeon all good clean misses :icon_redface:, must have got out of the wrong side of the bed mate but I recon its them horrible big fat .22 things playing up :laugh: ...

I'll be out again in a few minutes until Dark to see if I can make up for my shooting circus earlier....

Jasper

Hey up Jasper

as far as i know, the difference between mk1 and mk2 is the stock forend, i'm not too sure what this one started out as because it has a venom vantage stock on it ;)

i don't know whether the gun has been 'venomised' as i haven't taken it apart yet, i think when they were sent to venom, a sleeve was installed in the cylinder and an undersized piston fitted to keep them legal :whistling:

Hey up Jasper

as far as i know, the difference between mk1 and mk2 is the stock forend, i'm not too sure what this one started out as because it has a venom vantage stock on it ;)

i don't know whether the gun has been 'venomised' as i haven't taken it apart yet, i think when they were sent to venom, a sleeve was installed in the cylinder and an undersized piston fitted to keep them legal :whistling:

Nice one John :thumbs:

noticed you have a career in your avitar! I've heard stories of these things being jacked up to around 80ft/lbs < Certificate Holders Only Obviousley :angel: >, not the best looking rifle but they sound like they can produce the goods....

cheers

Jasp

• 2 weeks later...

Took a quick mooch out with the Pea shooter again this afternoon. I just saw a tree rat run off the top of my aviary into the woods at the back, by the time I got there he had run into a large oak tree covered in Ivy, I must have stood there for near on 30 mins before he finally wandered out swinging across to another tree and paused for a look downwards...

He met his waterloo bigtime after much patience waiting for the decent shot, he presented himself perfect and was shot right in the top of the cranium! I'm sure the Goshawk will enjoy what he has to offer tomorrow :drink:.....

Jasp

post-251-125779058278_thumb.jpg