the stock question again.

As you probably all well know i made a complete arse of myself a few weeks back. The stock i had made was in need of some big work before i could sell it. I have done a bit more on it and have a little bit more to do. My question is how much could a WELL made stock add to my Bsa supersport running at 11ftlbs?

IMHO I don't think you can put a fixed price on a home made stock, because it all depends on how much a person likes it. You know the difference in tastes that people have. One will love one thing and pay through the nose for it and another person would not want the same thing as a gift.

ATB

Michael

I totally agree with shepp on this one. There have been one or two stocks on here that I really liked and would have loved to call my own others I would not have touched with a barge pole even though I am sure that they were well made and there was no less work that went into them. But to ask to put a fixed figure on them ......... that's an impossible task. But if you like making them and you learn a thing or two about working with wood along the way, that should be reward enough for you. I know it would be for me.

HTH

Michael

So do you guys have a rough idea of how much a random stock, provided it is well made (and I am thinking of one of the run of the mill types), should be? Like Price of wood + £n per hour + quality including the fit to the action? Rough guestimations?

Thanks.

One lad on here was knocking them out at £200 each, depending what you want thats cheap :)

Stealthy, I remember those custom stocks the guy was selling for £200 and they were mint. There was some serious time and effort that went into them, do you know the guy who was making them? then we could show the lad what kind of quality he needs to making for anyone to consider buying one.

Sure you can try putting 40 quid extra on it .......... if someone wants to pay it or not is a different matter. Some will and some won't mate. Give it a go but don't sulk if it don't work out.

ATB

Michael