• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Qualiy posting there mate .We would have to watch out for otters if we tried that around us .Otters are more commen than mink now in the South West.

Posted Images

Guest reload

Do you mean the rat hounds?? Our lot use terriers to mink as the mink use drains alot, generally they bolt them to hounds or get the drain rods if the drain is too small!! The stinks the worst bit about them!! :sick:

• 4 years later...

Flushing with a pair of terriers to the gun ..is what i do and im a professional river keeper with ten miles 3 lakes to protect . My pack of plummers "the nether wyresdale mink hunt" :clapper::clapper: hunted the river wyre to the horn pre ban and did well.Great sport. But now we use 2 and then swop over the leads all in all the pack gets worked . :thumbs:

Its been a bad 18months on this river for mink. Don't know why but we seem to be getting more than our fare share.minktree09.jpg

picture067-1.jpg

This spot on the river is where nuttal used his terriers for the kendal and district otter hounds i had a long chat about where on th eriver thye hunted an dhe told me many places that now hol;d mink ..but then held otter.

this is summer.

DSC00350.jpg

and winter

DSC00033.jpg

up a tree terriers dont climb so well!

treemink.jpg

big dog mink

DSC00092.jpg

SP_A0078.jpg

DSC00114.jpg

TEACHING THE PACK THE SCENT OF THE MINK LETTING THEM RAG A SHOT MINK IS A GOOD WAY .

DSC00093.jpg

Edited by AMADORE

So far we are lucky we have not had any otters about for sometime, on the river but we do get them within 6 miles on a canal..it will be a nightmare if they coem here.I have to much land to watch now for mink. Im told we have had some dropped off in the area released etc and i see footprints but being very nomadic i doubt we willbump into them as regular as mink. If you have mink then no otters if otters no mink, is the general rule due to territory.th_MOV00002.jpg

Edited by AMADORE