The question of how much exercise a young dog can take has been brought up before but I can't find it in the archives... :icon_redface:

So I ask again...how much exercise would be healthy for a greyhound of 4 months? How would the racing trainers build up excercise in the first year?

cheers,

L

a 4 month old grey pup shouldnt be on form of exercise routine ... all he needs is free running .... if he isnt somewhere that this can be done and he is in an ordinary run then take him out 3 times a day to a field and let him do his own thing for half an hour ...........

a 4 month old grey pup shouldnt be on form of exercise routine ... all he needs is free running .... if he isnt somewhere that this can be done and he is in an ordinary run then take him out 3 times a day to a field and let him do his own thing for half an hour ...........

..................where there are no hares. :laugh:

Thanks for the replies,

Thing is he's living in the house, no big run or littermates to play with, only my grumpy bitch who kind of ignores him. I'm getting him used to daily routine, cars trains busses shops kids etc.

He walks really well but I don't want to strain his muscle/bones by taking him to far but I also want him to burn of his energy...so I have to know the point where his system has had enough.

Currently I let him pee when I get up at 7, feed him, he has this half hour of barking and biting frenzy, pee again, sleep couple of hours and then a 2 miles walk mostly of leash on grass, disturbing my bitch at her mouse catching and frolicking in the high grass, sleep for some hours, pee again, feed him followed by barking/biting session and pee again. Quick pee at 11 and than sleep till 7.

Would 2 miles be too much for a damn fast big dog pup?

cheers,

L