a few days ago my mate told me his dogs were all consterpated a bit,but when they did go to toilet it would like slime,ive allso noticed my dogs doing this lately,our dogs havent been together for about 5 weeks,so havent caught anything from each other,they are allso fed on different foods,all the dogs are fine in them selves,its just they have like slime coming outof them,all dogs are wormed regualery,my dogs seem to be drying up now-any theories on what has caused this,it was scorching hot when this was happenig so is it anything to do with the heat

Guest ferreting king

hey.......i just had a look at my book called dogs health a-z and it sounds like COLITIS

here is the definition...............inflammation of the colon, or large intestine. it can be caused by infection through, for example, food poisoning, or the presence of a forign body. it is characterised by pain and tenderness. the cause needs determining and treatment needs to be made by a veterinarian. ulcerative colitis is a serious chronic form

ulcerative colitis - inflammation of the colonwhich chronically causes ulceration. cause of the disease include bad diet, infection, comsumption of refuse, stress, ect. although antibiotics may be some part of use and steroids can ease the problem, it is often incurable and peritonitis may result from the ulcers penetrating the intestine wall

all the best fk

Edited by ferreting king

the "slime" is likely to be the lining of the colon that has been sloughed off 2nd to infection such as gastroeneritis, bacterial or viral, rather than ulcerative colitis which is likely to be a more cronic (long term)problem. ensure good hydration and rest for a few days as usually gastroenteritis is an acute (short term) infection. ensure that food is good quality and fresh also that feed/water bowls are clean. having said that i do this but have still occasionally seen this in my own dogs.

my kennels and everything i use are always spotless,my dogs dried up after posting this so it wasnt anything serious,my mates dogs had a jab of synulox which didnt work but his are better now aswell

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GB HUNTER
hi broke try feedig youre dog for 2 days on bio yogt just couple of teaspoons full a day then give them bold chicken my bitch had it and a greyhound vet told me to do this it works

Hi my dog had the same thing try not feeding him for 2 days then put him on a good quality dry food, I've looked into the whole food thing loads and you got the expensive like science plan ect but instead try pets at home own brand if you look it has all the same thing but cheaper or have you heard of trophy i have not tryed it but looked it up and i would recommend , 2 days is not a long time i don't feed my dogs 1 day of the week it clenses them