Some advise would be appreciated. I have been rough shooting for years. My current .22 semi and bolt action rifles have served me well with no complaints. I am scaling up, mainly to help out the local land owner with a Fox problem.

I have aquired a .222 firearms license including moderator. As I can see there are thousands of Rifles on the UK market. Can Anyone offer any advise on a rifle scope combination.

Budget is probably upto £500 for the rifle and £450 for the scope.

Most of my shooting (to Date) has been via the back of my Landrover, but on occasions I take a walk around the land.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

JB

Have you got a 22 centre fire license or just for a 222 ? imho i would go for a 223 ive a 223 Howa Stainless with a houge stock and to me its the most accurate out of the box rifle you can get for your money, about £550 new I use mine in all weathers and its never let me down but hey this is just my opinion Im sure you will get lots of good advice on here

good luck and be safe

Some advise would be appreciated. I have been rough shooting for years. My current .22 semi and bolt action rifles have served me well with no complaints. I am scaling up, mainly to help out the local land owner with a Fox problem.

I have aquired a .222 firearms license including moderator. As I can see there are thousands of Rifles on the UK market. Can Anyone offer any advise on a rifle scope combination.

Budget is probably upto £500 for the rifle and £450 for the scope.

Most of my shooting (to Date) has been via the back of my Landrover, but on occasions I take a walk around the land.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

JB

Hello and welcome wrong section you would be better off putting this in the Rimfire, Centrefire & Shotguns .

W.D