Big dog over small bitch.

My little 12" JRT bitch was in season a few months back, so we had to separate her from my beddy/whippet.

While she was in season, my wife & I were wondering if he did get to her, what the pups would look like. :hmm:

I've no intention of ever trying a cross like it, but I haven't stopped wondering about what would happen if a tall dog managed to get across a short bitch. For example, would there be any heath issues for the dam, etc.

I'll say again, I've no intention of trying this now or at any other point in the future, it's just one of those things I'm going to keep wondering about! :laugh::thumbs:

cant see they been any problems i once mated my saluki/grey/29 tts to a small lamping bitch 21 tts and no problems wer had your beddy/whippet will av a narrow head i presume i think most of the problems occur [bANNED TEXT] the sire is a dogbreed with a large head.atvb

My little 12" JRT bitch was in season a few months back, so we had to separate her from my beddy/whippet.

While she was in season, my wife & I were wondering if he did get to her, what the pups would look like. :hmm:

I've no intention of ever trying a cross like it, but I haven't stopped wondering about what would happen if a tall dog managed to get across a short bitch. For example, would there be any heath issues for the dam, etc.

I'll say again, I've no intention of trying this now or at any other point in the future, it's just one of those things I'm going to keep wondering about! :laugh::thumbs:

I havent got any pics mate but my sister has a bitch breed that way. she is 2 years old now and stands at 16"tts she is a lovely animal but she is just a pet. she was out off a littter of 4 the others are excellent rat and rabbit dogs. the mother never had any problems with the pregnancy or the birth. it was a accident mateing which produced some good working dogs.

Cant see a problem with the cross you mention,whippets and beddys are narrow headed,rather that over her than a staffy.

Know someone who recently put a 60lb+ greyhound to a bitch nearly half that weight,no problems,the DNA goes in at conception/fertilisation so genetically half are saying to the egg "get big" and half are saying "be small" at which point they must compromise somehow?

Big heads are the problem.