April 1st , the start of the roebuck season ! I arrived at 6am and proceeded to head for a small plantation hoping to find a buck. As I approached I spied a buck at the bottom of the plantation , he jumped the fence and started to make his way up the banking. I got myself ready on my sticks and waited as he had disappeared from view, after about 10 mins and no sign I decided to try and locate him. I carefully climbed the fence and started stalking across the bank when all of a sudden I spied the buck feeding with his head down. I placed my 22/250 on my sticks and put the crosshairs just behind his shoulder , he dropped on the spot :D

On the report of the rifle a fox came hurtling staright at me out of cover , my rifle was still positioned on my sticks so I followed the fox through my scope and wondered wether to try and shoot the fox on the run but at that moment it stopped and I quickly bagged it as well .

Now I know it was April 1st and April Fool and all that , but the buck had only 1 eye and so did the fox :o

What are the chances of that ?????????????????????????

01april2009001.jpg

1 eyed buck............

01april2009004.jpg

1 eyed fox.............

01april2009009.jpg

Now who can think of an explanation as I have no eye deer :11: :11: :11: :11:

crows pecking it out maybe its just a guess the farmer had the same thing at the estate he ahad two sheep with only one eye and one wiht none so we watched them for a bit turns out the crow pecked them out btu now he has no problems thanks to me :D

Very strange! Not a bad set of twigs on the buck there and both injuries seem to have healed well. Nice going there FH. Looks like a nice bit of ground you have there from the look of whats behind the fox.

Edited by Local
what caliber is a 22\250 lads is it stronger than a 223 new to rifle shooting lads :blush: :blush:

Hi Mark good one i had a mate out & got a young cull buck in velvet. A 22.250 is the same bullet diamiter but a bigger case & is a far better/superiour round IMHO to the 223 But the 223 has plenty ammo options in factory round due to its military back ground as it is a 5.56nato or 223 to us hunters etc.