Now you see it...then

Guest MOLLY

Guest MOLLY

More picces :D ...this will probs be my only litter ever so im like a granny with a new baby :laugh:

Evil edna....she looks like butter wouldnt melt here :ph34r:

MOLL.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MOLLY

Yet another one :laugh: ...with Steves camera this time (better than mine)

Had a scare with the furts today. Horis is in a hutch in the run. I was sowing grass seeds near and i could hear one of the kits squealing, i didnt take much notice for a while...then when it went on i thought id better check..somehow Horis had managed to open the door of the hutch and was trying to kill one of the kits under the hutch. Got hold of him and put him back in the hutch and tried to get the kit from underneath....i then heard more squealing...had'nt the jills just bloody moved the whole litter into his hutch and he was trying to kill another one :blink: I had to go and get the ferret boxes and put all the adults away so i could check the young and move them back into their nesting box. One jill kit had bite marks around her neck and one of the hobs was missing, we looked everywhere, pulled out all of his bedding....no-where to be seen. Steve then set about making sure the door would never open again (2 bolts and various switches) I asked him to put Horis back into his hutch as i didnt want to look at him with his full belly. Then we re-checked the jill kit before moving the jills back in, and there were suddenly all 6 kits there? We can only presume one of them had been well hid under the bedding in the nesting box...so Horis is now forgiven but still in solitary...lol.

MOLL.

Alright Molly!....what are the jills like when they have young?.....do they get aggressive towards you or will they let you handle the kits?....Iv got ferrets but never bred off them but i think i need to start thinking of a litter for next season...hence the questions :good:

Cheers

Adam

Guest MOLLY
Alright Molly!....what are the jills like when they have young?.....do they get aggressive towards you or will they let you handle the kits?....Iv got ferrets but never bred off them but i think i need to start thinking of a litter for next season...hence the questions :good:

Cheers

Adam

Hiya Blaze, the sandy mother is superb, trusts me completely, but she has been a lovely ferret since i got her (as has the hob)

The albino is a complete nightmare, will stop at nothing to bite me, and will take the young back into the nesting box when i go into the run, but i think its more to do with how she is, she has never even been 50% trustworthy anyway. If you have a good relationship with your furts i think the chances are they will be fine.

Im just pleased this is my one and only litter mind, i loved every minute of it but the hassle and heartache i can live without ;)

MOLL.

Guest MOLLY

Leave her alone, thats dwarfism/handicapism at its worst :nono:

She happens to be a brilliant ratter....................probably taking out all her frustrations and hurt from people like you who poke fun at her :cry:

MOLL :D

Leave her alone, thats dwarfism/handicapism at its worst :nono:

She happens to be a brilliant ratter....................probably taking out all her frustrations and hurt from people like you who poke fun at her :cry:

MOLL :D

:yes::laugh:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MOLLY

My 3 little lads went to their new homes today :cry: Im gonna miss their little antics, im left with the 2 jills and the little lad from the 2nd litter, he will be going to his new home with one of the jills next weekend.

The last boy to leave today..

MOLL.