I have bought 12 french partridge eggs to hatch in our incubator and as i have never done this with partridges before only quails i am not to sure what to do ie what temperature should it be?how humid? and how many times should i turn them each day? Also as i was wondering if it would be okay to realease them when they are fully grown even though I don't have anything like release pens etc.

thanks

look on the brinsea website for temperature and humidity settings. They will differ according to wether you have a still or a forced air incubator.

Does depend on make model and type as farmerich says

Depending on incubator... brinsea polyhatcher large... 39.5 c

in small octagon hatcher......................... 37.6 to 37.8 c

brinsea incubators site

I have bought 12 french partridge eggs to hatch in our incubator and as i have never done this with partridges before only quails i am not to sure what to do ie what temperature should it be?how humid? and how many times should i turn them each day? Also as i was wondering if it would be okay to realease them when they are fully grown even though I don't have anything like release pens etc.

thanks

For that number and if you want to release them it might be better to put them under a broody bantam if you can get hold of one. If you use a small secure coop with a run on it, you can then take them to wherever you want them to be released and when they are old enough remove the run so they can wander about but come back to the bantam for a while, then take her away. Alternatively if you incubate them then you can try and get a single cock red leg to adopt them. (If you have any around you!) Find a barren cock or pair and put the poults in a pen, when they are off heat, in the adults territory. You will hopefully find that the adults will adopt them so when you open up the pen they will form a covey. However you release them you will have to make sure there isn't anything about to eat them if you want to see them again!

thanks for your help but I was told something like if you turn the eggs and even amount in the day the embryos will die.Is this true?and lilvixen i don't have any bantams and I have no idea how to get red legged partridge cock but we did by the eggs for the incubator as it has only been used once.