stinking out

hi folks,what it the best thing for stinking out rabbit holes to get them to move out,iread in a book that potatoes soaked in diesel will work.I am asking because on the land where i go there is a warren with about 200 holes but nearby there are smaller warrens of about 5-10 holes because i go ferreting on my own the smaller warrens will be easier for me to watch all nets. :good:

Guest Bigbob

I used scots pine cones soaked in cresote . but why not net up all the smaller burrows and run a longnet or two out and put your ferrets into the bigger unetted burrow

I used scots pine cones soaked in cresote . but why not net up all the smaller burrows and run a longnet or two out and put your ferrets into the bigger unetted burrow

hi bigbob,that was my first plan of action but the warren is on a bank at the side of a busy road and i can not see all the holes,because i ferret alone,if the ferrets come out on the roadside they will get killed because the road is that busy.

Try using renardine, but don't spill any on you. It will take weeks for the smell to fade. I normally use dried teabags rather than rags. A few drops on each is enough and you don't need one in every hole.

Guest Bigbob

Mine was on a R.S.P.C.A. reserve i stunk it out a 3am one sunday morning them on the tuesday morning i put snares a yard inside my farmers side of the fence and clean up :laugh::laugh::laugh: the bimbo that runs it came over with her alsation nearly every time i checked them but there was sod all she could do