Ferret vs Mink

Guest tewkesferreter
:thumbdown:

Don't shoot unless you can accurately identify your quarry.

Quite Right.

Please identify this pest and tell me whether I can or can't

definate pest swampy,kill it as inhumanely as poss.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tewkesferreter
i dont think its up to you meerihunter, you cant say what has the right to live or not, are you like the polecatpolice?

if hes holding the gun id say hes got the right to say what lives or dies. do you actually hunt?

i dont think its up to you meerihunter, you cant say what has the right to live or not, are you like the polecatpolice?

Are you for real this is a hunting forum what do you think we all do every time we hunt? :icon_eek:

I'm with meerihunter on this one.

If I saw a Saluki worrying sheep I'd shoot it without a second thought.

yeah I am for real, you could Shoot me if you have the gun in your Hand, it Doesn't make you right and it doesnt make it Legal

its one thing working with Permission, its another Blowing somethings Head of that scared you, it was 2 foot long if that for f**k sake i do not think it posed immediate danger to him

Guest tewkesferreter
yeah I am for real, you could Shoot me if you have the gun in your Hand, it Doesn't make you right and it doesnt make it Legal

its one thing working with Permission, its another Blowing somethings Head of that scared you, it was 2 foot long if that for f**k sake i do not think it posed immediate danger to him

chase the bunny,do you hunt?

There is a difference between a responsible hunter and a irresponsible hunter. And there is law/rules in place to try to ensure that hunting is done responsibly. In my opinion there was nothing in rabbit hole that was so awful and dangerous that it required the shotgun to be aimed into the hole and fired without even knowing what the animal was. You never know what you might find in an animal hole.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/worl...ticle668198.ece

And before anyone asks, yes, I have probably hunted more variety of animals than most here.

chase the bunny,do you hunt?

C'mon Caz.

Answer the man's question :laugh:

Glad to hear you say that.

My objection to the shooting of the animal in this thread isn't that it was shot. If it was positively identified as a mink then that's the best thing to do with it. It was the fact that the shooter didn't have a clue what it was, but shot it anyway.

Hence my comment about 'amateur' being a good name for Corky. As far as I'm aware, polecats (pure or hybrids) don't pose the problem to local wildlife that mink do. And you can't generally tell a hybrid from pure polecat just by looking at it.

Well know diferent I've had countless poults kill by Feral Ferrets and not to mention the effect of feral ferrets on birds in the western isles, I'm sure that these are not isolated cases where ever there are feral ferrets they will have a detrimental effect effect on ground nesting birds, poultry and reared gamebirds.

Well know diferent I've had countless poults kill by Feral Ferrets and not to mention the effect of feral ferrets on birds in the western isles, I'm sure that these are not isolated cases where ever there are feral ferrets they will have a detrimental effect effect on ground nesting birds, poultry and reared gamebirds.

Point taken.

But you also have a problem with hedgehogs, which aren't a problem in my part of the world.

I've not seen any evidence that feral ferret colonies are any worse than polecat populations here. Which is where I was thinking of when I made the comment.