Ferreting with Willow.

Guest Geordie

Guest Geordie

We had a look out this mornin with Buckshot and his 10 month old bitch.

We were only in the woods 2 minutes when we bolted our first rabbit into the net.

:D:D

We worked our way through the woods from sett to sett,hoping that Izzy would give a positive mark,but none came for ages :angry: The problem being that izzy has never been a very positive marker,so it was a case of 'shall we net up and stick a stinker down anyway'? which of course we did :p

As we got near the top of the wood we spotted a good few roe knocking about :angel:

We netted up again after another sniff by izzy but no positive mark :icon_redface:

In went the stinker,out came the stinker :rolleyes:

Decided to get the flask out for a cup of tea :D and let the dogs have a bit 'get to know you' time.

265974.JPG

265975.JPG

After a good run about the mutts were suitably relaxed with each other.

265977.JPG

265979.JPG

Had a bit mooch bout but there wasnt much doing so we headed off for a couple of bits of 'set aside' that ive got ;)

Didnt take long to produce a rabbit B)

265984.JPG

Not sure if willow likes the smell of them stinky fellas :whistle:

265981.JPG

Was a great day out, with some good craic,with the added bonus of 3 rabbits.

265982.JPG

Guest Geordie

Woodga :lol::lol: when i get into the double figures i will certainly let everyone know ;)

Forgot to say,that last rabbit we got,Izzy marked it veeerryyyy well :D . She's been more or less house bound for the last 2 weeks with her cut paw :angry: So considering this was her first trip out, and on new ground, she done very well. In fact to say i was proud of her is an understatement :D

This bitch has tried my patience for months and months,to be honest at times i was on the verge of giving up on her :( But,she has had a bit of a hard life for such a young dog,and she has had a lot to put up with,not least me being a novice with running dogs.

A lot of people on here and smoochers have helped me tremendously with her,and have also put me right ,not just about the bitch,but about myself too,as to what im doing wrong,or how i should be dealing with her.

Two things that i have been told stick in my mind, 1) you only get out of a dog what you are prepared to put into it, and 2) a dog learns nowt sitting in the house.

Simple but very true methinks :whistle: